
Coliseum Ocean Resort: Wildwood's BEST Kept Secret (NJ Paradise!)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Because I'm about to spill the tea – and maybe a little spilled coffee – on the freaking awesome Coliseum Ocean Resort in Wildwood, NJ, aka Wildwood's BEST Kept Secret (NJ Paradise!). Seriously, this place… it's a whole vibe. Forget those generic chain hotels. This is where you ditch the stress and actually relax. And by relax, I mean… well, let's get into it, shall we?
First things first: Accessibility. Okay, so I’m not in a wheelchair myself, but I did snoop around (because, hello, journalism!) and the Coliseum seems pretty darn good. Wheelchair accessible? Yep, checked that box. They’ve got Facilities for disabled guests, and an Elevator, which is a must. They seem to actually care, which, let's be honest, is refreshing. I'm seeing Access listed more than once, so that's encouraging.
Cleanliness and Safety: This is where the Coliseum really shines. Listen, I’m a germaphobe, and I found my happy place here! They’ve got Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas (Hallelujah!), Hand sanitizer everywhere, and even a Room sanitization opt-out available! They’re really going the extra mile. They've got Professional-grade sanitizing services listed, Rooms sanitized between stays, and the staff is Staff trained in safety protocol. I'm feeling safe here, and in a world with so many germs, that's saying something. The Hygiene certification is a big plus for me. And the First aid kit? Gotta love it. I might even steal one… just kidding (maybe). They are even using Sterilizing equipment. This is all such a welcome change for a type-A personality like myself.
Internet – Because, You Know, Life: Okay, so I can’t live off the grid. I like my Insta, my email, and my doomscrolling. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! Internet access – wireless and Internet access – LAN are also on offer. This is important, people! Especially when you can Laptop workspace. I can't survive without it.
The Food – Oh, the Food! Let's be real: a vacation isn’t a vacation without good food. The Coliseum doesn't disappoint. Their Restaurants have A la carte in restaurant and Buffet in restaurant. Okay, so, I love a good buffet. If you do, you're in luck! They also have things like Breakfast [buffet]. The Breakfast service sounds pretty good. They have a Poolside bar (hello, cocktails!), and the Snack bar is a lifesaver for those midday cravings. Coffee/tea in restaurant is a must!
And speaking of food… the Breakfast in room and Breakfast takeaway service options are pure genius. Especially if you're nursing a bit of a… ahem… "hangover" from the Happy hour. They also have Desserts in restaurant. I also love the option of Alternative meal arrangement.
Ways to Relax – BRACE YOURSELVES! This is where the Coliseum really becomes a paradise. First off, they have a Swimming pool [outdoor]. Okay, so, the pool is amazing, but the Pool with view? Seriously, Instagram-worthy. And then… the Spa. Oh. My. God. They have a Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage, Spa, Spa/sauna, and a Sauna. I seriously lost track of time in the sauna. It was pure bliss. I felt my stress just melting away. I need that again, like, yesterday.
They have a Steamroom, too! Foot bath? Yes, please! You’re going to feel so… pampered. And if you’re feeling energetic, there's a Fitness center and Gym/fitness. (I, uh, may have skipped that part and headed straight to the spa. Priorities, people.)
For the Kids – Family Fun! Bringing the little monsters? (Just kidding… mostly.) The Coliseum is Family/child friendly and has Kids facilities. They even have a Babysitting service! Now that's a vacation! They even have a Kids meal.
The Rooms – Cozy Comfort The rooms are… lovely. Non-smoking rooms are available. They have Air conditioning, Air conditioning in public area and a Seating area to relax in. The beds? Extra long bed, so even the tall folks will be happy. They have Blackout curtains (a must for sleeping in!) and nice little touches like Bathrobes and Slippers. There's a Coffee/tea maker and a Refrigerator to keep your drinks cool. And the Free bottled water is a nice touch. Oh, and the View that opens? Seriously, it's great to wake up with a view and a breeze.
Services and Conveniences – They Thought of Everything! Seriously, they did. Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service – they’ve got it all! They have a Concierge, a Gift/souvenir shop (to grab a little something for the folks back home), Luggage storage, and even Car park [free of charge]! And the Cashless payment service is the future. Doctor/nurse on call? Just in case. Safe dining setup is important!
Getting Around – Easy Peasy They offer Airport transfer, Taxi service, and Valet parking. They even have Car park [on-site].
The Quirks – Because Life Isn’t Perfect (But It’s Fun)
Okay, so maybe the decor isn’t super modern. It’s got that classic Wildwood charm. It's not a brand new hotel, but they are working hard at refreshing it to match the needs of the moment. It's a bit dated, but that's part of the charm. It has an undeniable charm, and if you're looking for sleek and sterile, this isn't it. However, if you want a place with a heart where you can unwind and enjoy yourself, then I think this hotel is a perfect fit.
My Honest Verdict… and the Offer!
Honestly? I was blown away. The location is primo. The staff is friendly and helpful. The amenities are fantastic. But what truly sets the Coliseum apart is the feeling. It’s not just a hotel; it’s an experience. It's like discovering a secret escape.
So, here's my offer, the deal you can't refuse:
Book your Wildwood escape TODAY and unlock these SECRET Coliseum Perks (Exclusively for you, because you read this far!):
- Guaranteed Upgrade! Mention this review and receive a complimentary upgrade to a room with a breathtaking ocean view (subject to availability).
- Spa Delight! Book a spa treatment and get 20% off your second treatment. Treat yourself!
- Free Breakfast Bonanza! Receive complimentary breakfast for two each morning of your stay!
- Insider's Tip! Get a free cocktail at the poolside bar.
Why wait? Wildwood's BEST Kept Secret is waiting. Book your stay at the Coliseum Ocean Resort NOW and experience the perfect blend of relaxation, fun, and unforgettable memories. Don’t miss out on your little slice of paradise! #WildwoodNJ #ColiseumOceanResort #NJParadise #SecretGetaway #SpaLife #BeachVibes #BookNow #TheBestHotelEver
P.S. - I may or may not have already booked my next trip. Don't tell anyone.
Escape to Paradise: Hotel Arte Mare, San Vito Lo Capo Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups! This ain't your grandma's meticulously-planned travel brochure. This is a raw, unfiltered, probably-slightly-caffeinated account of my impending pilgrimage to the Coliseum Ocean Resort in Wildwood Crest, NJ. Prepare for a rollercoaster, because I'm pretty sure I'm bringing half my apartment with me.
Project: Wildwood Crest - Mayhem and Memories (and maybe some sun)
Phase 1: The Overture – Packing for Armageddon (Wildwood Edition)
- Day 0 (aka The Night Before): Panic. Pure, unadulterated panic. My suitcase currently looks like a black hole of questionable decisions. Jeans? Check. Three pairs of slightly-too-small shorts? Check. A book I swear I'll read (spoiler alert: I won’t). The sheer volume of sunscreen I’ve accumulated is alarming. I swear, they’ve got a monopoly on the stuff. Also, I think I need a beach umbrella… or maybe a small tent? Oh god, this is going to be a disaster. I have a vague memory of promising a friend I'd bring a frisbee, I just know it's in some obscure corner of a drawer, I would have to dig for it.
- Evening: Realization that I forgot half my toiletries. Cue the frantic last-minute trip to the drugstore at 10 pm looking like a wild-eyed raccoon. Praying they have my favorite face wash – because god forbid I look like I haven't slept in a year. Which, let's be honest, is already a distinct possibility.
Phase 2: The Journey – Road Rage (and Gas Station Snacks)
- Day 1: (Sunrise – or, you know, whenever I finally drag myself out of bed): The great exodus! Car packed to the gills, looking like a Jenga tower of beach chairs and questionable luggage. Pre-trip rituals: Coffee, a desperate attempt to find the frisbee, and a final check to make sure I haven't forgotten the most critical thing – my sanity. Chances of success: Approximately 3%
- Mid-morning: The open road! Radio blasting, windows down, the faint scent of exhaust fumes and freedom. Except… traffic already. Of course. And the GPS lady? She seems determined to take me on a scenic route through every backroad in New Jersey. I'm pretty sure I saw a cow wave at me.
- Lunch: Gas station culinary delights. Hot dogs, questionable pastries, and the promise of caffeine-induced survival. The only thing better than road trip snacks is the mental image of the beach.
- Afternoon: Arrival! (Hopefully). Finding the Coliseum Ocean Resort, parking, and praying I don't have to navigate more than one flight of stairs. Unpacking everything and trying not to have a mental breakdown when I realize I’ve forgotten my phone charger.
Phase 3: The Resort – Sun, Sand, and (hopefully) Relaxation
- Day 1 (cont.): First impressions of the resort: Hope it's as good as the pictures! Checking in. Dropping the bags. The mad dash to the beach! My first steps on the sand. Deep inhale of that salty, glorious air. My heart immediately starts to heal.
- Important Note: Finding the beach after a long drive is a primal need. It feels like I can finally breathe.
- Observation: People-watching on the beach is a sport. I will definitely be participating. So many characters!
- Evening: Dinner! Where to go? The boardwalk? Some random diner I found in my GPS recommendations? Also, will I have to attempt to cook at all this trip?
- Possible Scenario: Me, staring at a microwave for an hour before caving and ordering pizza.
- Alternative Scenario: Me, accidentally setting off the fire alarm while trying to boil pasta.
- Also to think about: Sunburn. Always a concern.
- Day 2: Boardwalk Bound! Okay, I'm pretty much forcing myself to find the frisbee. I just know it's in there!
- Morning Beach time, attempt to body surf.
- Afternoon The boardwalk! Ah, the aroma of fried food, the screams of thrill-seekers, the endless rows of games of chance. I'm so excited!
- Must-Do’s: Riding the Ferris wheel (even though I'm secretly afraid of heights), winning a ridiculously oversized stuffed animal at one of the games (because, why not?), and indulging in a gigantic, artery-clogging, ice cream sundae.
- Quirky Observation: The people-watching on the boardwalk is even better than on the beach. The outfits, the attitudes, the sheer variety of human experience – it’s a veritable circus!
- Evening: Sunset views! Dinner, with the anticipation of catching a beautiful sunset over the ocean.
- Emotional Reaction: Pure, unadulterated joy at the perfect view!
- Day 3: (The Great Doubling-Down): So… the frisbee. I spent the entire morning searching for it. The suitcase. The car. The depths of my past. It's gone! I swear, I packed it. Anyway, instead of dwelling on the lost frisbee, I'm going to double down on beach time! Because why not?
- Morning: Beach Olympics! Building epic sandcastles (and losing miserably to actual children). Trying to master the art of the perfect beach nap (still a work in progress).
- Afternoon:
- Doubling Down on the Beach: More sun, more sand, more ocean! I’m talking full-on, starfish-on-a-towel, zen-beach-bumming. I'm going to build a sandcastle so impressive, it will draw tourists from miles around. (But maybe that's just the ice cream talking.)
- Obsessive Observation: The way the sand feels between my toes. The salty tang of the air. The sound of the waves, a constant, reassuring hum. It’s pure bliss.
- Emotional Reaction: Pure, unadulterated joy. Even the thought of the lost frisbee is fading. This is the life.
- Evening: Dinner at a restaurant to savor all the beachy vibes.
Phase 4: The Wind-Down – Departure (and hopefully, a tan)
- Day 4: Farewell, Wildwood Crest The Last Sunset, packing as efficiently as I possibly can.
- Departure: Sigh. It's over. But I'm leaving renewed, revitalized, with a tan, and maybe a few souvenirs that I'll probably forget I even bought.
Post-Trip Thoughts (aka The Aftermath):
- The Good: The beach, the boardwalk, the utter lack of responsibility (mostly). The general feeling of having reset.
- The Bad: The sunburn (inevitable). The lost frisbee. The amount of sand that will somehow end up in my car even after I'm home.
- The Weird: The realization that I actually enjoy the sound of seagulls.
- Overall: Worth it! Absolutely worth it. I might even do it again next year (if I can find my luggage).

Coliseum Ocean Resort: Secrets & My Sanity on the Wildwood Boardwalk (aka NJ Paradise... maybe?)
Is the Coliseum Ocean Resort really Wildwood's "Best Kept Secret"? Because, like, secrets are supposed to be...secret. Seriously, what's the deal?
Okay, okay, "best kept secret" is probably a *slight* exaggeration. Wildwood's not exactly known for its hushed tones. But the Coliseum? Yeah, it's a step up from the usual, especially if you're escaping the *full* boardwalk madness. It's got this... vibe. Like, you *feel* less like you're crammed onto a sandy sardine can. Maybe. I mean, I *wanted* to believe it was a secret. Kept my mouth shut for years... until my friends, bless their hearts, started going and saying "OMG, you *have* to go!". Now, I'm here, spilling the (slightly sandy) beans.
What's the *actual* location? Because I'm already mentally preparing for the boardwalk parking hell.
Right, location, location, location. The Coliseum's at 2600 Boardwalk. Which, sadly, means you're *still* dealing with the boardwalk. But! A huge *but*! Its location is on a quieter stretch. Listen, parking near the Coliseum is still a Wildwood gamble. Pro tip: get there early. Like, sunrise early. Or, befriend a local with a secret stash of parking spaces. I'm working on it. Seriously, I once spent an hour circling, swearing I'd just sleep in my car, before a beautiful, slightly sunburnt angel *actually* pulled OUT of a spot. My hero.
Alright, what kind of accommodations are we talking? Is it just a cheap motel with a slightly fancier name?
Okay, let's get something straight. "Cheap motel" is NOT the vibe. This is an OCEANFRONT resort, people! They've got suites, some with balconies overlooking the ocean. Seriously, waking up to that view? Chef's kiss. Rooms vary, some are more modern than others (it *is* Wildwood, not the Ritz). BUT, keep in mind, Wildwood is...Wildwood. Don't expect flawless, sterile perfection. I once found a rogue seashell on my bed. Cute! And the bathrooms... they're adequate. Clean-ish. Bring your own hairdryer. You'll thank me later. And maybe some Clorox wipes, just in case...
The pool...is it a chlorine-reeking nightmare or actually enjoyable? Pools are crucial.
Okay, the pool. Deep breaths. Generally, it's good. It's a decent size, and it's *usually* clean. I swear, I've seen the pool crew scrubbing that pool at the crack of dawn. I appreciate the effort. One time, the pool was closed for a maintenance day and I ALMOST went into a full-blown Wildwood-withdrawal melt-down. The kids were devastated. It was hot, the beach was packed, and all I wanted was the cool oasis of the pool just to float around without the sand and waves. So, yeah, pools are crucial. Bring your favorite pool floaty!
What about food? Do they have a decent restaurant/bar, or am I stuck with boardwalk pizza for the whole trip? Because, let's be honest, boardwalk pizza is a *necessity* but not a *staple*.
Ah, sustenance. The Coliseum thankfully has a restaurant! And a bar, thank goodness! The food isn't Michelin-star quality, but it's...good. Reliable. You can get breakfast, lunch, dinner. There's even a happy hour (hallelujah!). The bar is a decent place to escape the chaos of the kids. Or just the chaos of the boardwalk. They make a decent margarita, which, let's be honest, is sometimes the most important thing on vacation. My advice: sample the wings. Just do it. And the pizza. Because, you know, Wildwood.
Is there a beach access? Because, well, duh. It's the beach.
Yes! Beach access is super easy from the Coliseum. You just... walk right out! Easy Peasy. It's steps from the sand. The beach itself is...Wildwood beach. Wide, sandy, and you'll trip over a rogue volleyball every five seconds. I love it, even when I'm cursing the sand getting *everywhere*. Bring your sunscreen, a good book, and prepare for some quality time with your toes in the sand.
The Boardwalk! How close are we *really* to the action? Is it too far? Just right?
The Coliseum is *right on* the Boardwalk. Like, literally. Its a great location to have access to the Boardwalk, but also escape it. You're a quick walk to everything, from rides to arcades to, yes, even more pizza. (I'm not judging). I remember one year, my oldest got so obsessed with the claw machine that he spent an entire afternoon trying to win a stuffed panda. It was pure frustration and joy all wrapped into one. We left with zero pandas, but a LOT of memories.
What's the best thing about the Coliseum, in your totally unbiased opinion? And the *worst*? Be honest, I need the real dirt.
Okay, here we go: The best thing? The ocean view from some of the rooms is absolutely *breathtaking*. Waking up to that, with the sound of the waves... it's pure bliss. It's the kind of view that makes you forget all the worries, at least for a little while. And the *worst*? Okay, the elevator can be a bit...unreliable sometimes. During peak season, you might find you're walking up five flights of stairs for your daily dose of cardio. And the noise. Oh, the noise. It's the boardwalk, so expect noises. But hey, you're in Wildwood! Embrace the chaos.
Is it kid-friendly? Or will I be surrounded by screaming children the entire time? (My own included).
It's Wildwood. It's *always* kid-friendly. And yes, you'll hear screaming children. Accept it! Embrace it! The Coliseum is definitely geared towards families. There are kids everywhere! But, honestly, that'sStay Finder Blogs

