Hoi An's Hidden Gem: Sea Star Homestay - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!

Sea Star Homestay Hoi An Vietnam

Sea Star Homestay Hoi An Vietnam

Hoi An's Hidden Gem: Sea Star Homestay - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!

Hoi An's Hidden Gem: Sea Star Homestay - Dream Vacation… Well, Almost! (A Rambling Review)

Okay, folks, let's be real. Booking a vacation is a minefield. You spend hours scrolling, reading reviews (like this one! You're welcome!), and praying you don't end up in a cockroach-infested hellhole. I’m here to tell you about my experience at Sea Star Homestay in Hoi An, and trust me, it’s a story. Buckle up, buttercups!

Accessibility, Accessibility, Accessibility… And Then Some!

First things first, let's talk accessibility. This is crucial, right? Life can be a pain in the you-know-what sometimes. And while Sea Star says they have facilities for disabled guests, I unfortunately don't have firsthand experience to vouch for that. They do have an elevator, which is a HUGE plus. But I couldn't personally assess ramp access etc. SO, double-check with them directly if accessibility is a dealbreaker. Okay, moving on…

Cleanliness & Safety: More Than Just Hand Sanitizer (Phew!)

Alright, let's ease any COVID-induced anxieties. Sea Star seems to have taken this seriously. The anti-viral cleaning products were definitely a selling point for my constantly checking for germs type self. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Sounded promising! I didn't see anyone running around in hazmat suits, but the place felt genuinely clean. Plus, they had hand sanitizer everywhere. Like, everywhere. I’m talking strategically placed hand sanitizer ninjas. You’ll be safe, your family will be safe… hopefully! They also have a doctor/nurse on call and a first aid kit. That’s reassuring.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food, Glorious Food (With Some Quirks!)

Okay, the food situation… interesting. They have restaurants, naturally, but it’s not just one big, soul-crushing buffet (though they do offer a buffet in restaurant). They offer things like Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant and Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant and a salad in restaurant. So choices - yeah!

Here’s where things get a little… human. I was desperate when I arrived. Needed a beer! I spotted a poolside bar and headed over, ready to unwind. The atmosphere was lovely… but the service at the bar? A little… slow. Let's just say my first beer took longer to arrive than my flight. Also: the food? Hit or miss. Sometimes delicious, sometimes… well, let's just say I've mastered the art of politely swallowing a slightly questionable spring roll. But hey – the happy hour helped with the questionable spring rolls. And the bottle of water in the room was always a welcome touch. They also apparently have a snack bar and coffee shop, but I didn't see them or use them.

The Room: My Little Slice of Paradise (Mostly)

My room was pretty great. Air conditioning? Check. Free Wi-Fi? Double check! The blackout curtains were a godsend, perfect for sleeping in after a late night (thanks, happy hour!). The bed was comfortable, the shower was hot, and yes, there was a refrigerator which is always a lifesaver for storing snacks. There's also a coffee/tea maker in the room! But…

Here's My Big, Rambling, Completely Subjective Observation: The bathroom situation. Okay, picture this: a perfectly lovely bathroom with a giant bathtub… and then a shower that sometimes delivered lukewarm water. Ugh. It's a small thing, I know. But after a long day of exploring, a hot shower becomes a top priority. Small imperfections, the things that make your life the most realistic.

Services & Conveniences: Above and Beyond (Sometimes)

Okay, let's talk about the extras. They have a concierge, luggage storage, laundry service, dry cleaning, and a daily housekeeping. I had some dry cleaning done, which came back quickly. The staff were super helpful, very friendly - almost to a fault. You know how sometimes you feel like you're being watched? Well, I was never quite that, but there was always a helpful server, which, if you're like me, feels like someone's peering over your shoulder. There’s a doorman, currency exchange, and they do offer air conditioning in public area. Seriously, that's a must in Hoi An. And don’t forget the safety deposit boxes (always a smart idea).

Things to Do (and Ways to Relax): Spa Day Dreaming!

Okay, let's talk about relaxation, because this is important. Sea Star has a whole host of ways to de-stress. They have a spa/sauna, a massage, body wrap, body scrub, and a spa. It's the kind of place where you can spend a day just chilling. I have to be honest: I did indulge in a massage. It was divine. I fell asleep almost instantly. The pool with a view also made me want to move into the pool. So relaxing.

Getting Around: Easy Peasy (Kinda)

Airport transfer is available, which is a lifesaver after a long flight. They also have a car park [free of charge], car park [on-site], and a taxi service. I used the taxi service - everything was quick and easy. Internet: Wi-Fi & Beyond! But…

They have Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And Internet access – wireless! Yay! But, and this is a big but, the Wi-Fi in the rooms sometimes vanished into the ether. It was a bit hit or miss at times. It's not the end of the world, but it could be frustrating if you’re trying to work or stream something.

For The Kids

I should add that I didn’t travel with kids, but the hotel is family/child friendly. They have babysitting service and kids meal.

The Big "Is It Worth It?" Question:

Okay, so the question is: would I recommend Sea Star Homestay? Honestly? Yes, with some caveats. It's a beautiful place. The staff are lovely. The food is generally good. The amenities are great, but it would be better if they were consistent. And I'd certainly return!

Because…

Here’s the Offer You Can’t Refuse (Unless You Want to Miss Out!)

Sea Star Homestay - Your Dream Vacation Awaits! (… with a few fun imperfections!)

Why book now?

  • Guaranteed Relaxation: Forget the stress of planning. Sea Star takes care of you. From the hand sanitizer stations to the spa, you'll be pampered.
  • Prime Location: Explore the charm of Hoi An. The homestay is close to all the attractions.
  • Safety First: Rest easy knowing Sea Star prioritizes your well-being with thorough cleaning protocols and a commitment to hygiene.

What's Included?

  • Stylish Room (as seen above, complete with coffee, tea, all you might need).
  • Daily housekeeping (with those amazing blackout curtains).
  • Great value for money (so you can spend more on massages!).

Don't Delay! Book your stay at Sea Star Homestay today and experience a truly memorable Hoi An getaway. (And maybe pack a few extra sachets of instant coffee, just in case…)

Johor Bahru's Hidden Gem: Sky Infinity Pool Paradise (4 Pax, 2 Rooms)!

Book Now

Sea Star Homestay Hoi An Vietnam

Sea Star Homestay Hoi An Vietnam

Sea Star Homestay: My Hoi An Hodgepodge (Because Perfect Plans Are for Robots)

Alright, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your pristine, color-coded itinerary designed by a travel agent who's never actually felt the humidity. This is me, a human (mostly), grappling with Hoi An, Vietnam, and the glorious chaos that is Sea Star Homestay. Consider this less a schedule, more a… well, a suggestion.

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Mosquito Massacre (and the best spring rolls EVER)

  • 14:00 (ish): Landed in Da Nang. Smooth landing? Nope. Turbulency, a panicked middle-aged woman clinging to her rosary beads, and my own internal monologue screaming, "Why do I do this to myself?!" But, hey, we're alive! We take a taxi - the driver looked like he'd seen some things, which I mean, I'm here for it - and arrive at Sea Star. It's charming… in a slightly dilapidated, "I'm full of character" sort of way. The front garden is a riot of bougainvillea and, judging by the buzzing, a thriving mosquito population. Mental Note: Buy ALL the mosquito repellent.
  • 15:00: Check-in. The staff are adorably flustered but incredibly helpful. They offer me a welcome drink – some weird concoction of… something. I politely sip and try to decipher the ingredients. Definitely ginger. Maybe… dragon fruit? Anyway, delicious!
  • 16:00: Let the mosquito hunt begin! Despite my best efforts, I'm pretty sure I'm currently feeding a family of mosquitoes. I swear one of them looked me square in the eye, judged my blood type, and then attacked. I swear the best way to resolve this issue is just to burn the place to the ground, so I can walk around naked without a care in the world…
  • 17:00: A quick wander around the Old Town. Holy moly, that's pretty! Lanterns everywhere! The tailor shops beckon. But first, food. MUST. HAVE. FOOD.
  • 18:00: Dinner at a little place down the road, "Morning Glory." Guys… the spring rolls. I'm not exaggerating when I say they were the best things I've ever eaten. Crispy, fresh, flavour explosions. I ordered three plates. Zero regrets.
  • 19:00: Back to the homestay. Apply a metric ton of mosquito repellent. Seriously, I am going to smell like a citronella candle for the rest of my life. Write some postcards, drink a beer, and desperately swat at the lingering mosquitos…

Day 2: Tailor Trouble and the Ancient Town Charm

  • 08:00: Wake up. Slightly stiff. Still itchy from the mosquito attacks. Breakfast at Sea Star – fresh fruit, strong coffee, and some weird but delicious pancake-like things. (I think.)
  • 09:00: The Tailor Wars begin! I decide I NEED a tailor-made silk dress. Because, why not? I venture out to the shops, getting overwhelmed by the choices. Fabrics, colors, I’m flustered… after a bit of looking, I choose a dress but the tailor, a lovely lady with a tooth missing, does not understand what type of dress I want. I’m pretty sure she thinks I want a clown costume from the look on her face.
  • 12:00: The Ancient Town is where the real magic happens. I took some amazing photos. The Japanese Bridge is as iconic as everyone says. The old houses, the art galleries, the delicious street food… pure bliss!
  • 13:00: Lunch! Ban Mi? Pho? Both? The problem is everything is good. The struggle continues .
  • 14:00: Back to the tailor. Trying the dress on for sizing. Turns out I don't know my own correct size! I have a complete meltdown. The tailor, seeing my frustration, kindly brings me a cup of tea. She then adds a beautiful flower that the dress should have. Bless.
  • 16:00: A cooking class. I wanted to learn how to make some of these amazing Vietnamese dishes. After failing at many things, the teacher finally helped.
  • Evening: Dinner. It was a long journey to find the best dish…I finally decided to eat everything.

Day 3: Beach Bliss (and the Great Lost Wallet Incident)

  • 09:00: Beach day! An Bang Beach, here I come! I rent a bike (after a minor panic attack about the local traffic. Let's just say I was clinging to the handlebars and muttering prayers for the first 15 minutes.)
  • 10:00: Beach! The sun, the sand, the sound of the waves… pure, unadulterated heaven. Spend a few hours just wallowing in the deliciousness of doing absolutely nothing.
  • 12:00: Lunch at a beachside shack. Fresh seafood, ice-cold beer. I start feeling pretty good. Okay, maybe too good.
  • 14:00: THE GREAT LOST WALLET INCIDENT. Okay, let's be honest: I think I left my wallet somewhere at the beach. My blood is starting to run cold as I frantically retrace my steps. Phone, camera, and cash are GONE. I have to call my bank!
  • 15:00: Back at Sea Star, I'm a sweaty, stressed mess. The staff are AMAZING. They go above and beyond, calling around, trying to help (and hopefully to see their crazy guest get even crazier than before). Turns out, some nice person found it and returned it to my homestay. Good.
  • 16:00: In shock from the events that took place, I go for a massive fruit shake, which slowly brings me back to life. I think I needed that.
  • 17:00: I decide to wander the local market. Just to try and clear my head. I buy some beautiful lanterns, and then I decide to go back to the nice dinner location.
  • 19:00: The same as yesterday. The food is really good, I have a great smile on my face.
  • 20:00: Sleep. The most important thing.

Day 4: The Farewell and a Promise to Return (with More Mosquito Repellent)

  • 08:00: Final breakfast at Sea Star. I say goodbye to the staff, who have become like family (because, genuinely, they are the best).
  • 09:00: A final walk through the Ancient Town. (Maybe I can still buy some more lanterns?)
  • 10:00: Farewell hug and a promise to come again.

Look, this isn’t perfect. I’m not going to pretend it was. There were moments of bliss, moments of panic, and a whole lot of mosquito bites. But that's the point, isn't it? It's the messy, imperfect moments that make a trip truly memorable. And Sea Star Homestay, with its quirks and its amazing staff, became a part of that beautiful mess. Would I go back? Absolutely. But next time: armed with a hazmat suit full of mosquito repellent.

Utopia Naiharn: Phuket's Hidden Paradise Awaits!

Book Now

Sea Star Homestay Hoi An Vietnam

Sea Star Homestay Hoi An Vietnam

Sea Star Homestay: Before You Book – The Real Deal (Don't Say I Didn't Warn You!)

Alright, let's get real. You found Sea Star Homestay in Hoi An? Good for you! But before you dive in, lemme give you the lowdown, the unfiltered truth, the *slightly* manic ramblings of someone who's actually been there. Prepare yourselves. This ain't your sanitized, brochure-perfect experience. This is... *life*.

1. Is Sea Star Homestay REALLY as good as those dreamy Instagram posts?

Okay, listen. Those Instagram shots? They're pretty. The pool sparkles, the breakfast looks divine. And yeah, it's *mostly* true. But here's the deal: it's *real* life. Sometimes, the pool guy is fixing something and it's a bit…noisy. Sometimes the breakfast is a *tiny* bit late and you’re hangry. But the *vibe*? The genuine, warm, family vibe? That *is* real. I remember one morning, I was just totally bummed out (don't ask), and Mrs. Lien, the owner, who is a tiny whirlwind of energy, handed me a mango, winked, and said, "This will fix it." And you know what? It kind of did. So yeah, it’s good. But it's not *perfect.* And that's what makes it perfect, you know? Perfection is BORING!

2. About that breakfast... what's the food like? Are they serving me the *same* thing on rotation?

Okay, breakfast. Here's the truth. They have the staples: eggs (cooked any way you want), fresh fruit (the mango is legit!), toast, sometimes pancakes. And yes, you *might* see the same things reappear over the week. But honestly? It’s all so fresh and delicious, you won’t even care. Because – and this is huge – the coffee is AMAZING. Proper Vietnamese coffee, strong enough to raise the dead and fuel your Hoi An adventures. In fact, I think I might have gained five pounds just from the coffee. I am not even kidding. But it was so worth it. And, oh, sometimes Mrs. Lien will whip up a surprise Vietnamese dish. Which will be *amazing*. This, I PROMISE.

3. Is the location convenient? Or am I gonna be trekking across the universe to get anywhere?

This is a *huge* win. Sea Star is outside the main tourist chaos, thank GOD. It's quiet, peaceful. You can relax, hear the birds. But it's still super close to the Old Town. Walkable if you like a stroll (maybe 20-30 minutes, depending on your pace and how many gelato stops you make). Or, and this is the best part: borrow a bike! They have bikes! And Hoi An is *made* for biking. Seriously, gliding through the rice paddies, past the tailor shops with their colorful lanterns... it's pure magic. Just... watch out for the buses. They're kinda... intense.

4. The rooms... are they clean? Because I'm a snob. And I NEED clean.

Okay, look. I'm a *little* bit of a snob too. I hate crud. And the rooms? They're clean. Really clean. The beds are comfy, the AC works (bless), and they're well-maintained. Don't expect a sterile, clinical experience. This isn't a five-star, marble palace. It's cozy, charming, and *clean*. And that's what matters, right? And you will probably find a cute little gecko or two. Don't freak out. They eat mosquitos. They're your friends.

5. Let's talk about the pool. It looks divine. Is it actually enjoyable?

Oh, the pool. *Sigh*. Yes, it's divine. Seriously. It's beautiful. You'll want to spend your entire day there. And you probably will. The water is crystal clear, refreshing after a day of sweaty sightseeing. There are sun loungers. There's shade. There's usually some chill music playing. One of my favorite memories? I was floating in the pool, sipping a pineapple juice (get the pineapple juice!), and... a thunderstorm rolled in. Pure tropical drama! The rain was pouring down but the pool was still warm. It was just... magical. I'll never forget it. But, fair warning: sometimes other guests will be there. You can't have the pool all to yourself (unless you're unbelievably lucky!). So… share. Or, you know, subtly glare until they leave. (Kidding!*mostly*).

6. Do they speak English? I flunked high school French.

Yes! And it's good English too. They're friendly, and most of the family speaks at least some English. Mrs. Lien's daughter is particularly fluent. They're helpful, patient (you *will* ask stupid questions), and genuinely want you to have a good time. Communication is not an issue. If they *don't* understand something, they'll find someone who does. It's honestly a really refreshing experience. You won't feel like a total moron trying to order a coffee (been there, done that, failed miserably in Laos).

7. Is it a good choice for families with kids?

Honestly? Yes, very much so. The pool is great, the atmosphere is relaxed, and the family is used to kids. They are unbelievably patient and kind. If you have little ones, it's a perfect place to relax and have a stress-free vacation. My only advice? Pack the sunscreen!

8. Are there any downsides? Be honest. I can handle it.

Okay, here's the real deal. There are a few tiny things. The wifi can, occasionally, be a bit spotty. Just embrace the digital detox! Also: you might hear some noise from other guests (people are loud, it's a fact). And, well, the family is *very* hands-on. They're lovely, but they're always around. If you're a super-private person who wants to hide away, it might feel a little... much. But honestly? That's part of the charm. It's like being part of a (slightly dysfunctional, but loving) family. And finally, and this is important: packing and unpacking your suitcase will probably involve at least one momentHotels Blog Guide

Sea Star Homestay Hoi An Vietnam

Sea Star Homestay Hoi An Vietnam

Sea Star Homestay Hoi An Vietnam

Sea Star Homestay Hoi An Vietnam