
Escape to Paradise: Luxury Villa Laura Awaits in Novalja, Croatia!
Escape to Paradise: Luxury Villa Laura Awaits - Novalja, Croatia! (My Honest Rant/Rave)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on Escape to Paradise: Luxury Villa Laura Awaits in Novalja, Croatia! Don't expect a perfectly polished brochure review. This is real life, people. And let me tell you, after a trip to this place, my soul feels… well, a lot better. Less cranky, for sure.
First Impressions: Whoa. (And the Stairs!)
So, Novalja. Beautiful, right? Crystal clear water, buzzing nightlife… and then you see Villa Laura. Honestly, on arrival, my jaw dropped. It's stunning! The pictures don't do it justice. But… and there's always a but, isn’t there? – the access. Now, I'm not in a wheelchair, but I’m not a mountain goat either. There are steps. Lots and lots of steps. Accessibility: This is where things get a little… tricky. While Villa Laura is trying, it's not exactly a haven for those with mobility challenges. I saw no wheelchair-accessible ramps, and the overall layout screams “fit”. So, heads up, if you're dreaming of easy access, you might need to do some pre-planning on that front.
Inside the Fortress of Chill (or, What's in a Room?)
Alright, let's talk about the rooms. Pure. Bliss. Seriously, I'm not exaggerating. Available in all rooms: You've got the whole shebang. Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes that feel like a cloud hugging you, a bathtub big enough to swim in (maybe, I didn't try it). The blackout curtains were a lifesaver after those late nights out. And the free Wi-Fi? Thank God for that. Okay, more on that later. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! is a huge plus. Oh, and a Coffee/tea maker – essential. I live on the stuff.
The Room, The Internet, and The Great Coffee Conspiracy
So, Internet – it's good. Really good. Except… and here's the honest part… I’m a digital nomad. Need to work. Rely on the internet. And there were a few moments where, let's just say, the connection wasn't quite as heavenly as the view from the balcony. The Internet [LAN] option, though… that was a life-saver. Plugged in, got serious work done. Much better the Wi-Fi itself.
My real issue, and this is a weird one, is the coffee. In the rooms, the coffee maker did the trick. But getting a coffee/tea in restaurant was a mission. Not that the Villa didn’t provide it, they had great coffee options through the restuarant!
Relaxation Stations: Body Scrub, Anyone?
Okay, let's talk about the good stuff. The RELAXATION. Body scrub, Body wrap, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, the Massage… Oh, the massage. I swear, I haven't felt that relaxed since… well, ever. They really do have a Spa that feels like a hidden paradise. The Pool with view? Absolutely Instagrammable. You just… melt. The Fitness center is there, but I spent more time in the pool. Priorities, people!
Food, Glorious Food (and the Occasional Hiccup)
The food situation is… a mixed bag. Breakfast [buffet] was decent, but the quality varied. Some days, amazing. Other days… well, let's just say I'm glad they had the Coffee shop. And the Asian cuisine in restaurant was a surprising highlight. The restaurants are there.
Dining, drinking, and snacking in the Villa: They did a great job. I love the option of Breakfast in room, and the Bottle of water was a welcome touch after a night of… celebrating.
Cleanliness and Safety: The "Germaphobe's Paradise"
And the cleanliness? Stellar. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere. I felt safer than I do in my own apartment, honestly. They take it seriously. Rooms sanitized between stays, Professional-grade sanitizing services. It’s a germaphobe's dream.
Services and Conveniences: Everything You Need (and Some You Didn't Know You Wanted)
Concierge: Super helpful, always smiling. Daily housekeeping: My room was spotless every single day. They’ve also got the practical stuff: Cash withdrawal, Laundry service, Luggage storage, and a handy Convenience store for those late-night snack attacks.
Things to Do (Besides Lie in a Hammock)
Novalja itself is amazing. The beach is a short drive, and the party scene is legendary (if that’s your thing). But honestly, I spent most of my time just being at the Villa. Things to do - You can arrange a wine tour, a boat trip, or just wander around the old town. Villa Laura also offers On-site event hosting if you're feeling ambitious (or have a big wedding to plan).
The Quirks (Because Nothing's Perfect)
Okay, the imperfections. The lack of easy Accessibility. The slightly inconsistent internet at times. But honestly? These were minor blips. The overall experience was so good, they didn't matter much.
My Verdict: Book it! (But Read This First!)
So, here's the deal. Escape to Paradise: Luxury Villa Laura Awaits is a truly special place. The setting, the service, the spa… it all adds up to a truly relaxing and memorable experience.
WARNING:
- Accessibility: Take the stairs into account.
- Internet: While generally good, pack a backup plan if you absolutely need perfect internet.
- Coffee Rituals: Be prepared to hunt down your perfect cup, and be patient
The Offer You Can't Refuse:
Ready to Escape?
Book your luxury stay at Villa Laura NOW and receive:
- 15% off your stay with the code "ESCAPEWITHME" (Valid for bookings made before [Date]).
- Complimentary bottle of local wine upon arrival.
- Free upgrade to a room with a balcony (based on availability).
- Early check-in and late check-out (subject to availability).
Don't wait! Paradise awaits. Book your escape today!
Unbelievable Siem Reap Stay: Ibis Styles Luxury Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to embark on a Novalja adventure in Deluxe Villa Laura that’s less “polished Instagram influencer” and more “slightly-chaotic-but-totally-worth-it friend’s travel journal.” Let’s go! (And you've been warned - I'm prone to tangents.)
Novalja, Croatia: Deluxe Villa Laura - 8 Days of… Well, We'll See!
Day 1: Arrival & the "Where the Heck is the Grocery Store?" Crisis (November 8th - A Wednesday. Right?)
- Morning (ish): Ugh, the flight. Always the worst. Let’s be real, airport food always disappoints. Got to Zadar airport – thankfully, the luggage arrived. Whew. It's the little victories, people.
- Afternoon: Road tripping! The drive to Novalja was gorgeous, even if I did miss the turnoff and had to U-turn in a tiny village while muttering things about my lack of directional skills. Finally, we actually made it to Deluxe Villa Laura. Okay, so this place? Stunning. Seriously, the pictures don’t do it justice. The pool…is calling my name.
- Late Afternoon / Early Evening: Right, groceries. Crucial. After dumping our bags (some unpacking can wait, okay?), we set off on the essential mission: feed the humans. Apparently, there's a "Supermarket" (that's the English translation, I guess). And oh em gee, it's a trek. I'm pretty sure we walked for miles until we were finally looking at the grocery store. Finally bought food. This grocery store adventure was the highlight of the day so far.
- Evening: Back to Villa Laura. Time to unpack some stuff. Wine by the pool. Bliss. Except, a rogue mosquito. And I'm convinced it’s plotting against me. But at least the food is good. Pasta with pesto, easy-peasy. And the view? Still breathtaking.
Day 2: Sun, Sea, and the Great Beach Chair Debate (November 9th - Thursday, maybe?! I've lost track…)
- Morning: Okay, I'm not a morning person. But seeing the sunrise over the Adriatic? Totally worth it. Coffee on the balcony – pure happiness. And then…the pool. (Still calling my name.)
- Mid-Morning: Beach time! Plan: soak up the sun, pretend to be a glamorous European. Reality: Sunscreen application disaster, sand EVERYWHERE (seriously, how does it get in your hair?), and the epic "Beach Chair Debate." Someone took our preferred chair, which led to a silent (but internally fiery) war of wills. Eventually, we settled for chair B. I mean, it's still a beach!
- Afternoon: Lunch at a beachside konoba (restaurant). Fresh seafood. Delicious, even though I swore I saw a tiny fish bone that needed attention. People watching: always a highlight. Locals. Tourists. The odd seagull trying to steal a sandwich.
- Evening: Dinner in Novalja town. Wandering around. So many cute shops! The best part of Novalja are the restaurants and bars that cater to a lot of people. A few more drinks. Some dancing. The wine (again) was involved. Let's just say there's a vaguely blurry memory of a very enthusiastic rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody" at karaoke later.
Day 3: Pag Island Adventures & the "Did I Actually See That?" Moment (November 10th - Friday, I think. Or is it Saturday?)
- Morning: The Pag Island trip! I feel like I'm constantly amazed by Croatian nature. We drove to (I think) Pag town, following the winding roads. The island is seriously stunning, with its lunar-like landscapes.
- Mid-day: Oh my god! Sheep. Everywhere. I mean, hundreds of them. Seriously. They were wandering across the road. It was a cute, but a little chaotic with the car.
- Afternoon: Pag cheese. The famous Pag cheese at a local farm. The cheese. It was heavenly. I could eat it until I exploded. Apparently, it's the sheep grazing on the salty grass that gives it that special flavor. Genius.
- Evening: Back to Novalja. Chill night. Pizza in the villa. Maybe another glass of wine. Definitely another glass of wine. It’s a villa vacation, right?
Day 4: The Great Villa Laura Re-org and the "Where's My Swimsuit?" Mystery (November 11th - This is Sunday. It has to be.)
- Morning: The day of reckoning. Tidying up. Okay, it was more a desperate attempt to restore some semblance of order to the chaos we'd created. Laundry. (I'm not sure how I managed to spill coffee on my favorite white shirt. Don’t ask.)
- Mid-Day: PANIC. Where. Is. My. Swimsuit? This involved a frantic search of every closet, drawer, and suitcase. I was starting to swear I was going crazy. Then, finally, success! Under the bed. Crisis averted.
- Afternoon: Pool time, obviously. And a nap. Needed it. Just a bit of sun, a bit of reading. This, this is life.
- Evening: BBQ night! The grill at the villa. It was a learning experience, let's just say that. A few burnt sausages. A lot of laughter. And the sunset? Spectacular. Worth it.
Day 5: Zadar's Charm & the "Lost in Translation" Encounter (November 12th - Monday. I'm certain.)
- Morning: Road trip to Zadar! It’s only a short journey.
- Mid-day: Zadar old town. Amazing! So much history at your feet. The Roman forum. The Sea Organ. (Which, by the way, is totally fascinating – the sound of the waves creating music is so unique).
- Afternoon: Exploring Zadar. We wandered through the narrow, winding streets, getting utterly and gloriously lost. And hungry. Lunch at a local restaurant. Ordered something (I think) that I thought was a salad. Turns out, it was a plate piled high with grilled meat. A language barrier moment, but a delicious one!
- Evening: Back to the villa. Some of the food at Zadar was memorable, though. The Sea Organ at Zadar was very memorable.
Day 6: Adventure Time! The Quest for the Secret Beach and the "Is That a Seagull Laughing at Me?" Incident (November 13th - Tuesday, but who's counting?)
- Morning: Beach hunt! We were determined to find (and conquer) a hidden beach. Armed with Google Maps and a healthy dose of optimism, we set off.
- Mid-day: The search was challenging with some tricky roads. But it led us to the perfect spot. An absolutely gorgeous, secluded cove. It was worth all the driving.
- Afternoon: Sun bathing. Laughing. Swimming. It was wonderful. Until a rogue seagull swooped down and tried to steal my sandwich. "Is that a seagull laughing at me?" I think it was.
- Evening: Relax. The beach was amazing. It was so relaxing.
Day 7: The "Last Supper" Spread & the Pre-Departure Blues (November 14th - Wednesday…the final day!)
- Morning: Last proper day, dang it. We hit the grocery store for the last time, stocking up on cheese, wine, and all the things we'd inevitably regret not buying more of.
- Mid-day: Prepping our final meal at the villa. A feast! Okay, not quite a feast. Pasta again. But excellent wine. And the view. Still the best.
- Afternoon: Reflecting. This vacation was amazing, but it went by quickly.
- Evening: Another wine. One last wander around Novalja. One last moment staring at the ocean. I don’t want to leave. The pre-departure blues are hitting hard.
Day 8: Departure – Until Next Time! (November 15th - Thursday. The end.)
- Morning: Packing. Always the worst. Saying goodbye to Deluxe Villa Laura. (Sniff).
- Afternoon: The airport. The inevitable disappointment of airport food. The long flight home.
- Evening: Home. Already missing Croatia. Already planning the next trip!
And that, my friends, is the slightly-bonkers, utterly-human Novalja adventure. I hope you enjoyed the ride! And if you're planning your own trip? Go. Just go. You won't regret it! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to start planning my next escape…
Uncover the Hidden Gem: Hotel Saint-Georges, Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne!
Escape to Paradise: Villa Laura - Your Novalja Adventure Awaits! (Seriously Though, What *Is* This Place?)
Okay, fine, I'm intrigued. What *actually* is Villa Laura? Don't just give me the brochure answer.
Alright, alright, settle down, Captain Curiosity. Forget the glossy photos for a second. Villa Laura, from my experience, is basically a Croatian fever dream. It's a ridiculously gorgeous villa in Novalja, on the island of Pag. Think: infinity pool that makes you question your entire existence, seriously posh rooms that make your inner slob blush, and views that could single-handedly cure world hunger (maybe, I didn't try that). But...and this is a big but...it's also a place where you'll probably lose your sunglasses, accidentally order way too much truffle-infused everything, and possibly embarrass yourself trying to speak even *basic* Croatian. So, luxury with a healthy dose of chaos. Sounds about right, yeah?
Infinity pool? Tell me more. Is it as amazing as it looks in the pictures? Because Instagram lies, you know.
Okay, the pool. Let's talk about the pool. Look, I'm a cynical person, but even *I* was floored. Yes, it's as amazing as the pictures. Probably *more* amazing. You know those moments where you're just...silent? Staring into the distance, the sun warming your skin, a cocktail strategically placed next to you? The pool does that to you. It's like the water itself is whispering, "Forget your problems, darling." (Okay, maybe not *whispering*, but you get the idea.) I spent a solid two days just living in that pool. Floating, judging the other guests (subtly, of course), and pretending I was in a James Bond film. Pure bliss. Though, fair warning: you *will* develop a serious tan line.
What about the location? Novalja...is it just about partying? Because, honestly, I need some down time too.
Alright, here’s the lowdown on Novalja. Yes, it’s *famous* for Zrće Beach and its crazy nightlife. You *will* hear music. You *will* see some questionable dance moves. But! Novalja itself is actually quite charming. The old town is beautiful, with cute little restaurants and bars. You can walk along the harbor, eat some amazing seafood, and just *breathe*. Villa Laura is far enough away from the crazy that you can retreat at any time in the peace and quiet. I ventured to a concert one night and came back. Honestly, the best of both worlds. Plus, the drive to the villa at like 4 am was more scenic than I expected. So yes to the parties, but a definite yes to the chilled vibes, too.
The rooms...are they as fancy as they look? I’m not used to luxury! Will I feel out of place?
Okay, the rooms. Buckle up, buttercup, because they're fancy. Like, "I should probably apologize to my bed back home" fancy. The beds are ridiculously comfortable. The bathrooms are spa-worthy. The view from my balcony? Unbelievable (I think I actually gasped when I saw it. Totally cliché, I know). But, and this is key, don't stress about feeling out of place. Honestly, the staff are *amazing*. They’re so incredibly nice, and helpful. They’re discreet, but there when you needed them. You realize everyone feels a bit awkward at first. It's all part of the experience. So yes, they're fancy. But they're *meant* to be enjoyed, not intimidated by. Just embrace the luxury, you deserve it (even if you accidentally spill coffee all over the ridiculously soft robes – which *may* have happened to me).
Food! Tell me about the food! Do I need to starve myself beforehand to pay for it?
The food. Oh, the food! Okay, so yes, it can *technically* get pricey, but there are options. The villa often offers in-house chefs, and let me tell you, it's worth it. One night, the chef made a truffle-infused risotto that was...well, let’s just say it was a religious experience. I may have eaten three servings. And yes, I did feel a slight pang of guilt for my bank account, but honestly? Worth it. But, you can also venture out to restaurants, which are fantastic and much more affordable. They have delicious local cuisine, lots of fresh seafood. Lots of options, basically. Just make sure to try the Pag cheese! It's a local delicacy and seriously delicious. I still dream about it.
Any tips for a first-timer? What should I *really* pack?
Okay, here's the truth. Pack a suitcase, then take *half* the clothes out. Seriously. You'll overpack. You will. And you'll probably only wear that one 'fancy' outfit once. Here's what you *actually* need: Swimsuits (plural!), sunscreen (the sun is brutal), sunglasses (see previous mention of losing them), comfortable shoes for exploring, and something nice for dinner (even if you just wear it once). Don’t forget a decent charger (those Instagram stories ain't gonna post themselves!), and a phrasebook with basic Croatian phrases (trust me, it’s fun to try – even if you butcher it). And most importantly? Pack a good sense of humor and a willingness to embrace the chaos. Because Villa Laura? It’s a wild ride, and you definitely want to be on it.
Oh, and one more thing... bring earplugs. Just in case the seagulls get rowdy. They *will* get rowdy.
Seriously though, is there anything *bad* about Villa Laura? Get real.
Okay, okay, fine. I'll be objective for a moment. Here's the dirt:
- The drive to the airport sometimes can be slightly long - Okay, it's an island, what did you expect? Plan accordingly.
- Sunburn is a real risk if you're not careful - Seriously, the sun is intense. Slather on the sunscreen *constantly*.
- Finding a parking spot in Novalja can be tricky during peak season - But honestly, walking is an option. It's beautiful.
I'm sold! When do I book?!
Book it. Seriously, book it. Right now. Don't hesitate. You'll thank me later. And when you're floating inHotel Near Me Search

