Escape to Paradise: Patrick's Beach Resort, Siargao's Hidden Gem

Patrick On The Beach Resort Siargao Island Philippines

Patrick On The Beach Resort Siargao Island Philippines

Escape to Paradise: Patrick's Beach Resort, Siargao's Hidden Gem

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the shimmering turquoise waters of Siargao, specifically, Escape to Paradise: Patrick's Beach Resort. And let me tell you, this review isn't going to be some sterile, corporate brochure. Nope. We're keeping it real, raw, and hopefully, a little hilarious. I'm gonna spill the tea, and maybe a little San Miguel beer, on this “hidden gem.”

(Accessibility: The Good, the Bad, and the Slightly Confusing)

Okay, so let’s be honest, accessibility in the Philippines isn't exactly their strong suit, alright? Getting TO Siargao is an adventure in itself. You're looking at flights to Sayak Airport (IAO). From there… well, it's a tricycle ride to the resort. This isn't exactly a sprawling, flat, perfectly paved paradise. I'm not seeing a ton of dedicated wheelchair ramps here. The website mentions "Facilities for disabled guests," but I'd call ahead and ask specific questions before you book if accessibility is your number one priority. I’d hate for you to arrive and struggle.

(Internet: The Eternal Quest for Wi-Fi Nirvana)

Listen, the internet in Siargao is… well, it’s Siargao. Embrace the digital detox, or at least, manage your expectations. Escape to Paradise boasts "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" and Wi-Fi in public areas. This is a massive win, honestly. I need my Netflix, even on island time! I did hear some people grumbling about it being slow at times, kind of like trying to catch a wave on a bad surf day. There's also "Internet access – LAN" but, honestly, who uses LAN anymore? (Me, sometimes, if I'm trying to upload video, and the Wi-Fi's being a brat!)

(Cleanliness & Safety: Pandemic-Era Considerations - A Sigh of Relief)

Okay, big thumbs up here. They're taking this seriously. "Anti-viral cleaning products," "Professional-grade sanitizing services," "Daily disinfection in common areas," "Individually-wrapped food options," "Sanitized kitchen and tableware items"… it's all there. You can even "Room sanitization opt-out available." This is HUGE. It felt safe. They've got the “Hand sanitizer” conveniently placed everywhere. I saw the staff being vigilant about hygiene, and I felt a genuine sense of care. Plus, "Staff trained in safety protocol" – that's reassuring when you’re trying to actually relax, right?

(Food, Glorious Food! (And My Stomach’s Journey))

Alright, let's talk about food. Because, frankly, that's half the vacation, right? The resort has multiple "Restaurants," a "Poolside bar," a "Snack bar," and even "Room service [24-hour]." Score! They've got "Asian cuisine in restaurant," "Western cuisine in restaurant," and, bless their hearts "Vegetarian restaurant." Even "Alternative meal arrangement." I'm seeing “Breakfast [buffet]” and an "Asian breakfast" too. I’m pretty sure I saw a "Coffee shop" at some point.

Okay, here’s the thing. I ate everything. And I mean everything. The buffet breakfast was a game changer. I'm talking fresh fruit (the mangoes!!!), pastries, eggs cooked to order… I might have, possibly, gone back for seconds (and thirds) on the bacon. The coffee, though, that was an experience. Strong. Bold. And, let’s be honest, essential for chasing a hangover.

The pool bar? Genius. Sipping a cocktail actually in the pool while watching the sunset. It’s pure bliss. The snack bar? Perfect for those post-surf cravings. And if you wake up at 3 AM with a sudden urgent craving for chicken adobo… room service, my friend. Room service. (though the 24-hour thing maybe means they aren't always available. This is Siargao, after all… nothing is ever perfect!)

(Services and Conveniences: The Little Things that Matter)

“Air conditioning in public area,” “Cash withdrawal,” “Concierge,” “Daily housekeeping,” “Doorman,” “Dry cleaning,” “Elevator,” “Food delivery,” “Gift/souvenir shop,” “Ironing service,” “Laundry service,” “Luggage storage,” “Safety deposit boxes,” and "Taxi service." You know, the usual suspects. They've got the essentials. The essentials that make the whole getaway a hundred times easier and less stressful. The doorman will even help you with your bags.

(Things to Do/Ways to Relax: Surf, Sun, and Spa-like bliss)

Okay, let's get to the good stuff. "Things to do, ways to relax". The main draw is obviously surfing. You’re in Siargao! Book a lesson! There's a "Fitness center," if you feel like you need to work off all those buffet calories but mostly it's about the "Swimming pool [outdoor]" and the "Pool with view." They've also got a "Spa," offering "Body scrub," "Body wrap," "Foot bath," "Massage," "Sauna," "Steamroom," and "Spa/sauna." Whew! That's a lot of pampering.

I went for the massage. Seriously, it was like my muscles were singing opera. The masseuse was magical. Afterwards, I swear I floated back to my room on a cloud. It was that good. I had to make an extra effort to not fall asleep on the massage table.

(For the Kids: Family-Friendliness? Kind Of…)

I saw some kids, but I wouldn’t say this is a "Kids Wonderland." They mention “Babysitting service” and “Kids meal”, but it’s not the primary focus. More of a couples/surfers spot, so bring a babysitter, or come as a solo traveler.

(Rooms: The Sanctuary Factor)

Alright, here’s the lowdown on the digs. The Important Stuff: "Air conditioning,” “Blackout curtains,” “Coffee/tea maker,” "Free bottled water", "Internet access – wireless," “Private bathroom,” “Shower,” “Wi-Fi [free]”.

My room was comfy, clean, and most importantly, had working air conditioning. The blackout curtains were a lifesaver (especially after a late night!). The bed? Heavenly. The included coffee and tea maker were appreciated. The “desk” was perfect for writing postcards (yes, I still send those!). I did have a "Window that opens"! That was great to get a bit of island air.

(Quirks & Imperfections: Because Perfection is Boring)

Okay, no place is ever perfect. The lighting in my bathroom was a little…moody? (Read: dim). The Wi-Fi sometimes got a little wonky. The water pressure in the shower wasn't exactly a fire hose, but it was hot and I could get clean. And hey, I like a little imperfection. Adds character, right?

(The "Hidden Gem" Label: Is it True?

Okay, is Escape to Paradise: Patrick's Beach Resort a "hidden gem?" Well, that depends. Is it the flashiest resort on the island? No. Is it perfect? Nope. But here's what I think:

  • It's sincere. You feel like the staff actually cares about your experience.
  • It’s comfortable. The rooms are well-equipped, and the amenities cover most of the bases.
  • It's affordable. For what you get, the price point is pretty competitive.
  • It's a great base for exploring Siargao.
  • It's the kind of place that allows you to fully enjoy the island life.

(Final Verdict: Book It! (But Read This First))

If you’re looking for a beautiful location on the island that caters to surfers and general tropical vacationers, and you want to relax, be comfortable, and don't need the glitz and glamour, Escape to Paradise: Patrick's Beach Resort is a fantastic choice.

BUT (and this is a big "but"):

  • If accessibility is crucial, call first and ask specific questions.
  • If perfect internet is a must-have, adjust your expectations. It is Siargao.
  • If you need a "kid-centric" vacation, maybe look elsewhere.

Me? I’d go back in a heartbeat. I’m dreaming of that massage right now… and maybe another plate of bacon.


(A Persuasive Offer - Now, let's get you booking! - And what makes this one different?)


Escape to Paradise: Patrick's Beach Resort - Your Siren Song to Siargao!

Tired of the same old routine? Yearning for turquoise waters, perfect waves, and sunsets that steal your breath? Then you need to pack your bags, ditch the stress, and Escape to Paradise: Patrick's Beach Resort in Siargao!

Here’s why you NEED to book NOW, and how it breaks from the competition:

*

Escape to Paradise: Le Colonial Suites Await in Pondicherry, India

Book Now

Patrick On The Beach Resort Siargao Island Philippines

Patrick On The Beach Resort Siargao Island Philippines

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's travel itinerary. This is a Siargao dive into the chaos, the beauty, and the pure, unadulterated Patrick On The Beach Resort experience. Consider this my therapist, my travel journal, and my unfiltered brain… all rolled into one slightly sunburned package.

Patrick On The Beach Resort: Survivor Mode (Mostly Fun)

Day 1: Arrival… and What Am I Wearing Again?

  • Time: Early morning – like, before-the-roosters-have-had-their-coffee early.
  • Action: Arrive at Sayak Airport. That tiny little airport. It’s…well, it’s charming in a "shack that survived a typhoon" kind of way.
  • Transportation: Tricycle to Patrick On The Beach. (Negotiating skills: ZERO at this point. I probably overpaid. Oh well, the ocean awaits…)
  • Emotion: Pure, unadulterated relief. I'd imagined some epic disaster on the flight. (Why? Just my brain's default setting.)
  • Observation: The air smells of salt and… something else. Like, sunblock and a hint of something floral I can't quite place. It's intoxicating. And I'm pretty sure I'm wearing my inside-out t-shirt again. Again.
  • Anecdote: Found a tiny gecko watching me unpack. Seriously. Small dude's got good taste. He's just chilling in the room and keeping an eye on things. I, on the other hand, am desperately trying to find the key to my sanity, buried deep beneath my luggage.
  • Evening: Dinner at the resort's restaurant. Fish, grilled on the beach while listening to the ocean. Life is ridiculously good. Or, at least, it seems that way.
  • Imperfect Moment: Forgot my mosquito repellent. Now I am paying the itchy consequences.

Day 2: The Surf… and the Humbling Realization

  • Morning: First surf lesson.
  • Reality: I’m terrible. Absolutely, gloriously, hilariously terrible. The board keeps trying to escape me. Waves throw me around like a rag doll. The instructor – sweet, patient, and possibly secretly laughing – keeps yelling, "Paddle! Paddle! Paddle!" My arms feel like they're going to fall off.
  • Emotional Rollercoaster: Pure frustration coupled with the undeniable joy of finally, briefly, standing up. Followed by falling down again. And again. And then, a genuine, breathless, "Holy crap, I did it!" moment that makes all the wipeouts worth it.
  • Quirky Observation: The surfer dudes are so…chill. Like, they’re practically walking (or rather, riding) on water. Meanwhile, I’m a flailing seal pup.
  • Lunch: Post-surf feast at a beachfront shack. Buko juice, fresh mango, and the delicious feeling of utter exhaustion. My body has become a giant ache from the surf.
  • Afternoon: Explore. Drove to Cloud 9. The view is perfect, of course. But the crowd… wow. Maybe tomorrow.
  • Anecdote: I met a dog with one ear named, literally, "Lucky." He followed me around, hoping for scraps. Now that’s a life lived right.
  • Evening: Dinner at the resort. More fish. More ocean sounds. So perfect, yet the bite marks from the mosquito remains.

Day 3: Cloud 9… or the Day I Became One with the Wave

  • Morning: Decided to tackle Cloud 9, for real this time. I woke up determined to surf. It was a complete disaster. I got destroyed. But, there's nothing like the energy of Cloud 9, it makes you want to try again and again.
  • Action: Another surf lesson. This time, I am more confident. I am now also bruised and battered.
  • Quirky Observation: The waves are so tall, I feel like I'm perpetually stuck in a washing machine. The water is crystal clear, the sun is relentless, and the energy is incredible. It's a sensory overload in the best possible way.
  • Anecdote: I swore I saw a group of monkeys dancing. (Okay, maybe it was the mango juice talking.)
  • Evening: Dinner at the resort. Grilled fish and potatoes. More ocean sounds. But this time, I'm not alone. A cute guy named John saw me surfing and invited me to a bonfire.
  • Emotional Reaction: I almost broke. The sheer beauty made me want to cry. I am so grateful. But I'm also deeply, deeply sunburned – I need to find aloe vera, and fast.

Day 4: Day Tripping

  • Action: Island hopping. Exploring Naked Island (beautiful, yes, but… well, naked is the word).
  • Observation: I am going to need another vacation after this vacation.
  • Anecdote: Swam with a massive sea turtle. He was much more graceful than me, of course.
  • Evening: Back to the resort, tired, sun-kissed, and utterly happy. Reflecting on my life, everything is perfect. I wonder if I should move here.
  • Imperfect Moment: The beach bar ran out of my favorite cocktail. World. Ended.
  • Emotional Reaction: Pure Bliss.

Day 5: Goodbye… For Now

  • Morning: Final breakfast, a lingering look at the sea.
  • Action: Early morning tricycle ride back to the airport.
  • Anecdote: The tricycle driver, a local named Miguel, sang me a song on the way. It was the most beautiful and painful thing I've ever heard.
  • Emotional Reaction: A bittersweet ache. Leaving is never easy, but the memories will stay.
  • Observation: I smell like salt, sunscreen, and freedom. And maybe a little bit of regret for burning my face.
  • Departure: Sayak Airport… again. Goodbye, Siargao. Until next time.
  • Final Thought: I’m going to need another holiday after this holiday, but… worth it. Every. Single. Glorious. Messy. Second.
Jmj Home Cebu: Your Dream Philippine Escape Awaits!

Book Now

Patrick On The Beach Resort Siargao Island Philippines

Patrick On The Beach Resort Siargao Island PhilippinesOkay, buckle up, buttercups! Prepare for a FAQ that's less "organized travel brochure" and more "chat with a travel-addicted, slightly caffeinated friend". This is all about Escape to Paradise: Patrick's Beach Resort in Siargao, and trust me, you’re in for a ride.

So, Siargao. Worth the hype? And is Patrick’s a good base for exploring?

Okay, Siargao. The *hype*... ugh. My Instagram feed was practically overflowing with turquoise water and bronzed bodies before I even booked. And listen, it's *mostly* deserved. The waves are INSANE (if you're into that, I'm more of a "beach lounger" kinda gal), the vibe is laid-back, and the sunsets... well, they'll actually make you tear up. Seriously. As for Patrick's? ABSOLUTELY. It's ideally situated, in my opinion. It's just far enough away from the chaos of the main surfing spots (which, trust me, can get CRAZY busy), but close enough to zip over on a scooter when you *do* want to ride the waves or grab a beer at Cloud 9. Plus, the area around Patrick’s itself is stunning, so even if you just wanna chill, you're golden.

What's the vibe like at Patrick's? Is it a party scene or more chill?

Okay, this is crucial. If you're looking for all-night ragers and bass so loud your teeth rattle, RUN. Patrick's is *chill*. Like, "waking up to the sound of waves and birdsong" chill. "Reading a book in a hammock with a cocktail" chill. There's a bar, but it's more for sunset drinks and friendly chats than thumping music. The staff and other guests are generally super friendly, so it's easy to strike up conversations, share tips, or just laugh at the hilarious mishaps you're bound to experience (more on that later!). I went solo for a few days, and it was *perfect*. Didn't feel awkward at all.

The rooms! Let’s talk rooms! Are they nice? What should I pick?

Right, the rooms. Okay, they're not the Ritz. Let's be honest. But that's part of the charm, yeah? They're clean, comfortable, and designed to make you feel like you're living a total beach bum life. The aircon works (a MUST in Siargao!), the beds are comfy, and the showers... well, they’re more like a "refreshing rinse" than a spa experience. But honestly, who cares? You’re in PARADISE! Spend your time outdoors.
Now, room selection. I went with the beachfront bungalow because, HELLO, waking up and strolling directly onto the sand?! Genius. The price is definitely at the upper end, so don’t expect luxury. But, if you can swing it, DO IT. The views are worth the splurge. Seriously. If you are on a budget, their cheaper rooms are just fine.

The food. Tell me about the food! Is it tasty? Is it expensive?

Okay, the food situation at Patrick's... is a *tale*. They have a restaurant, and it's decent. Not Michelin-star amazing, but perfectly acceptable after a day of surfing or lounging. The menu features a mix of Filipino classics and Western dishes. The adobo was solid. The breakfast pancakes were *divine.* The price? It's touristy. You're not going to get bargain prices. But compared to a capital city? It's fine. Don't expect to be blown away, but you'll be fed. If you're adventurous, though, there are plenty of local eateries nearby. Wander!
One day, though... *one day*. I ordered a burger, and it took... a while. The waiter kept saying, "Coming! Coming!" About an hour later, it arrived. And it was... interesting. Let's just say the patty was a little *firm*. But you know what? I was starving, I was exhausted, and the view was amazing. So I ate it. And it was fine. It's part of the charm, I guess. Be prepared for island time.

How easy is it to get around Siargao from the resort?

Easy peasy, unless you're a disaster on two wheels like *someone* I know (ahem, me). Renting a scooter is the way to go. Seriously, the staff can help you arrange it, and it's relatively cheap. Scooters are the lifeblood of Siargao, allowing you to explore every corner. Be careful, though. The roads can be bumpy and unpredictable. I had a slight... incident. Let's just say a rogue pebble and a moment of inattention resulted in a scraped knee and a bruised ego. Learn from my mistakes! Or, if you're not confident, hire a tricycle to get around. Either way, you're sorted.

Okay, okay, real talk: What was the *best* thing about Patrick's?

Hands down, the staff. They're genuinely friendly, helpful, and they made me feel like family. They remembered my name, they offered advice on where to go, helped me with anything I needed! They were so cool! One day, I had a minor scooter *situation* (ahem...) and the staff were there in like, seconds. They were super sympathetic and laughing along with me (though, I’m pretty sure they were laughing *at* me, but hey! I can laugh at myself). Their kindness and genuine warmth really made the trip. You will make some friends.
And the sunsets. Did I mention the sunsets? They are *everything*. Every evening, the sky would explode in a riot of colors, and I'd just sit on the beach with a beer, completely mesmerized. One night, I saw the most incredible display of pink and orange imaginable. It felt like the sky was *literally* on fire. The sunsets alone are worth the trip.

What wasn’t so great? Be honest!

Okay, honesty time. Here are the little niggles. The internet. It can be... spotty. Don't expect to stream Netflix or have crystal-clear video calls. Embrace the digital detox! The hot water in the showers isn't always super hot. I could live with it though. The price - compared to budget destinations in the Philippines, it's at the higher end. But, you are paying for the location. The food – not always the fastest. But, again, island time. You get used to it. Honestly, it's pretty minor stuff. The good vastly outweighs the bad.

Any tips for making the most of my stay?

Absolutely! Pack light, embrace the 'no shoes, no problem' vibe, and bring insect repellent. It's aBackpacker Hotel Find

Patrick On The Beach Resort Siargao Island Philippines

Patrick On The Beach Resort Siargao Island Philippines

Patrick On The Beach Resort Siargao Island Philippines

Patrick On The Beach Resort Siargao Island Philippines