Siargao's Hidden Gem: Subangan Homestay 2 - Your Island Paradise Awaits!

Subangan Homestay 2 Siargao Island Philippines

Subangan Homestay 2 Siargao Island Philippines

Siargao's Hidden Gem: Subangan Homestay 2 - Your Island Paradise Awaits!

Siargao's Hidden Gem: Subangan Homestay 2 – My Island Paradise…Or Is It? (A VERY Honest Review)

Okay, so Siargao. The surfing Mecca. The island paradise. The Instagram goldmine. And, lucky me, I got to experience it. Specifically, at Subangan Homestay 2. Now, I'm not one for fluffy travel writing. I'm more of a "tell it like it is" kind of gal. So, buckle up, because this isn't your average hotel review. It's an experience. And it starts with… drumrollAccessibility.

(Oh man, can we just get it out of the way? This is important!)

Subangan Homestay 2… it's okay. Let's be real. This isn't a five-star resort designed for mobility.

  • Accessibility: I’m not gonna sugarcoat it. If you're reliant on a wheelchair, this ain't it. The website says "Facilities for disabled guests" but… well, proceed with caution. I didn't see obvious ramps, and the pathways are, shall we say, "rustic." Siargao in general isn’t exactly the most accessible place. Keep that in mind.

(Breath, Deep breath. Right. Moving on like nothing happened.)

Getting There & Getting Around (Because Duh!)

  • Airport transfer: YES! They do offer airport transfers. A HUGE win. After that bumpy flight, the last thing you want is haggling for a tricycle.
  • Car park [free of charge]: Free parking on-site. Easy peasy.
  • Taxi service: Available, but honestly, tricycles are the island's lifeblood. Embrace the bumpy ride and the salty air – it's part of the charm (kinda).
  • Remember, Siargao is still developing, so everything's a bit… rough around the edges.

The Rooms: My Sanctuary (Mostly)

  • Available in all rooms: The basics are covered: Air conditioning, Free Wi-Fi, Air conditioning, Additional toilet, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, etc.
  • Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!: Thank GOODNESS for this. I needed to upload my epic surfing fails to Instagram, duh. The connection was pretty decent, considering you're on a remote island.
  • Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN: Yup. Options. I'm a wireless kinda gal. Worked well.
  • Room decorations: I'm not the most sophisticated person, but I liked my room. Simple but they got it right.
  • Mini bar: Yes. Essential.
  • Coffee/tea maker: Sweet! I needed my caffeine fix!
  • Safety/security feature. Feel safe here - a big plus.
  • Non-smoking rooms. Also, important.
  • Wake-up service. Use it. Seriously, Siargao sunrises are worth it!

Cleanliness and Safety: Trying to Breathe Easy

Okay, let's talk about the elephant in the room… or rather, the virus lurking in the air.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products. YES!
  • Daily disinfection in common areas. YES!
  • Rooms sanitized between stays. YES!
  • Hand sanitizer. ALL THE HAND SANITIZER!
  • Staff trained in safety protocol. YES!
  • Hygiene certification. YES!
  • Safe dining setup. Yes

Honestly, I felt pretty safe. They took hygiene seriously. They provided hand sanitizer, and the staff were masked up (and the place was pretty clean)

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Adventure

  • Restaurants: Plural! This is good! I saw things like: Asian cuisine in restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant.
  • Breakfast [buffet]. Meh. It wasn't the most elaborate buffet I've ever seen, but it was filling enough for a day of surfing. Asian breakfast was an adventure
  • Breakfast service: They do offer room service.
  • Poolside bar. Nice. You can sip a cocktail while… well, while watching everyone else actually surf. (I mostly watched).
  • Snack bar. For those mid-afternoon cravings.
  • Happy hour. Always a bonus!

Services and Conveniences: Let's Get Practical

  • Cash withdrawal: There's a cash machine. Island life requires cash. Plan ahead.
  • Concierge: Helpful. Always nice to have someone who knows the island.
  • Daily housekeeping: The rooms were always spotless.
  • Laundry service. Thank goodness.
  • Luggage storage. Essential for pre-flight shopping sprees.
  • Wi-Fi for special events. Fine.
  • Front desk [24-hour]. Awesome to have that security.
  • Safety deposit boxes. Useful.
  • Smoking area. Appreciated.

Things to Do: Beyond the Surfboard (Or Not!)

  • Swimming pool [outdoor]. Nice. Clean and inviting after a day of sun.
  • Pool with view. Yes. The view makes it even better.
  • Things to do: Siargao is all about the surf, but there's also:
  • Massage: YES. Book one. Seriously.
  • Bar: Plenty of bars to drink away the day’s frustrations
  • Family/child friendly. Okay!

My Verdict? (The Honest Part)

Subangan Homestay 2? It's good. Not perfect, but good. It's clean, the staff is friendly, and it's a solid base for exploring Siargao. The rooms are comfortable, the location is decent, and the Wi-Fi is reliable (a lifesaver!). If you're looking for a luxurious, five-star experience, this isn't it. But if you're looking for a comfortable, safe, and relatively affordable place to crash after a day of surfing, island hopping, or just chilling, then Subangan Homestay 2 is a very viable, well-priced option. You’ll have a decent experience.

So, here's my offer:

Craving that Siargao Dream? Your Island Adventure Starts Here!

Book your stay at Subangan Homestay 2 now and get:

  • Guaranteed clean and sanitized rooms. Your safety is our top priority.
  • A complimentary breakfast. Fuel your adventures.
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi access. Stay connected and share those stunning Siargao sunsets.
  • Easy Airport Transfers. Relax, we'll handle it.
  • Access to one of the best priced locations on the island!

Don't wait! Siargao's waiting…and so are the waves! Click the link below to book your unforgettable island escape at Subangan Homestay 2!

[Insert Booking Link Here]

P.S. Don't forget to bring your sunscreen, your camera, and your sense of adventure! And prepare to fall in love with Siargao. It's practically unavoidable.

(Okay, I'm done. Time to book my next trip!)

Sheraton Detroit Novi: Your Dream Detroit Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Subangan Homestay 2 Siargao Island Philippines

Subangan Homestay 2 Siargao Island Philippines

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's travel itinerary. This is Subangan Homestay 2, Siargao, unfiltered. Prepare for chaos, sunshine, and probably a sunburn I’ll never forget.

Pre-Trip Ramblings & Existential Dread:

  • Months Before: Okay, so I saw a picture of Cloud 9 and basically spiraled into a ‘must-go’ frenzy. Siargao. The name itself sounds like a surf break you whisper about in hushed, reverent tones. Booked the flippin’ flights, which already felt like I was throwing money into a void, and then started the eternal packing dilemma. What do you even pack for paradise? Turns out, a whole lotta sunscreen and a healthy dose of anxiety.
  • Days Before: Panic mode engaged. Am I prepared? Do I actually know how to surf? (Answer: no. Will I learn? Probably not gracefully.) Read a gazillion blogs, watched YouTube videos promising "the best sunsets ever," and started second-guessing my whole life. Did I remember my passport? Did I book travel insurance? Did I leave the iron plugged in? The usual rollercoaster of pre-trip madness.

Subangan Homestay 2: Siargao - The Messy, Beautiful Truth

(Day 1: Arrival & "Lost in Translation" Adventures)

  • Morning (Before Breakfast): Touched down in Sayak Airport. Small. Quaint. Hotter than my oven on Thanksgiving. Immediately greeted by a whirlwind of tricycle drivers yelling my name (or something close to it). Found my pre-arranged transfer (phew!), a cheerful dude named Marlon who somehow managed to weave through the traffic on his motorbike with me precariously balanced on the back. My luggage was clearly screaming for mercy.
  • Check-in: Subangan Homestay 2. Lovely. Rustic charm, the kind that makes you feel like you’re about to become best friends with the gecko that’s probably living in your room. The staff were incredibly sweet, though my Tagalog is nonexistent, and their English wasn't exactly Shakespearean. Cue the charades and hilarious misunderstandings! Tried to order "water" and ended up with a coconut. No regrets. Coconut life is good life.
  • Afternoon (Post-Lunch): Explored General Luna. The main town. Brightly colored shops, the smell of fried food wafting through the air, and a general vibe of "chillness" that I, as a perpetually stressed city dweller, found simultaneously alluring and intimidating. Found a little sari-sari store (the local convenience store) because, apparently, I'd forgotten to pack essential things like… gum. Met the local dog population. Gave a few head scratches.
  • Evening (Sunset & Sundown): Cloud 9. The reason I'm here, the place I've seen a million pictures of. And… Wow. Just… wow. The boardwalk, the surfers, the waves. The sunset. It was a kaleidoscope of oranges, pinks, and purples that made me tear up a little. Okay, a lot! Sat on the beach, sipped a San Miguel (the local beer, naturally), and felt my shoulders finally drop and my brain finally switch off. Maybe this whole paradise thing is worth the pre-trip panic.

(Day 2: Surf Lessons & Humbling Experiences & Coconut Milk in the Face)

  • Morning (The Surf Lesson): Booked a surf lesson. This is where the "probably not gracefully" part comes in. My instructor, a patient young man named Enzo, was very kind. He tried to explain the basics. I nodded enthusiastically. He pointed to the ocean. I jumped straight in. (Mistake). The wave promptly proceeded to humiliate me. I spent the better part of an hour swallowing saltwater, trying to stand up, and looking like a stranded seal. I'm pretty sure Enzo was biting back laughter. I was red-faced from the sun, frustrated and with a face full of sand and sea.
  • Midday (Post-Surf Trauma): Retreated to the homestay, feeling thoroughly defeated but also strangely exhilarated. Coconut water was procured, along with an extra-large bottle of sunscreen and a new found respect for anyone who can surf. Laid on the hammock for a solid two hours. It was glorious.
  • Afternoon (Island Hopping): Booked an island-hopping tour to Naked Island, Daku Island, and Guyam Island. The boat ride was scenic, the islands were stunning. Naked Island? Pure, unadulterated white sand. Amazing. Daku Island? Had a delicious barbecue lunch grilled by locals. Guyam Island? Tiny, with crystal-clear water perfect for snorkeling. The sun was hot and I'll gladly admit I'm still terrible at snorkeling but the vibes were, yet again, immaculate.
  • Evening (Dinner & Local Delights): Tried a local Filipino BBQ joint. The food was incredible, the atmosphere was lively, and I ate so much grilled chicken I probably looked like a chicken myself by the end of the night. Bonus: I got to practice my Tagalog (poorly, but enthusiastically) with the friendly people sitting next to me. Tried kinilaw, a raw fish dish, which was a bit of an acquired taste, but I enjoyed it. (Okay, I didn't love it, but I tried it!)

(Day 3: Rest Day, Road to Magpupungko, and The Great Sandstorm of '23!)

  • Morning (Sleep-in & Breakfast): A proper lie-in! Finally, after two days of go-go-go. Relaxed at the homestay, had a leisurely breakfast, and caught up on some reading. This part of the trip was vital.
  • Midday (Road Trip to Magpupungko): Decided to rent a scooter (scarier than surfing, honestly) and head up to Magpupungko Rock Pools. The drive was an adventure in itself. The roads were winding, the scenery was breathtaking, and I almost hit a chicken. (Apologies, chicken.)
  • Afternoon (The Magpupungko Show): Magpupungko was absolutely stunning. Tide pools. Huge rock formations. Clear turquoise water. I climbed into the pools, swam, and took a million photographs. Then the wind picked up, which soon turned into a full-blown dust storm. The locals called it "habagat" and it's something else entirely. I had to wrap my scarf around my face to avoid chocking on fine sand. It was bizarre, disorienting, and a bit terrifying, but looking back, the experience has a strange charm.
  • Evening (Back to General Luna): Back to General Luna. Food. San Miguel (Obviously). People-watching. The simple life.

(Day 4: The Cloud 9 Experience (Again!) & Farewell Feels)

  • Morning (Cloud 9, Part Two): Went back to Cloud 9. Just sat on the beach, watching the surfers. The waves are so dynamic, changing from hour to hour. This time, I simply absorbed the beauty. I watched the surfers ride the waves. I closed my eyes and listened to the rhythm of the ocean.
  • Afternoon (Souvenir Shopping & Last Bites Before the Big Departure): Last-minute souvenir shopping. Bought way too many t-shirts and a ridiculously oversized straw hat. Had a farewell feast of fresh mangoes and grilled seafood. Tried (and failed) to learn a few more Tagalog phrases.
  • Evening (Sunset Reflections… and Airport Anxiety): Another perfect sunset. This time, I felt a strange mixture of contentment and sadness. Contentment at having experienced such beauty, and sadness because it was almost time to leave. Had a final San Miguel and watched the lights twinkle on the water. Then, the inevitable airport anxiety began. Did I pack everything? Would my flight be delayed? Would I miss the connection? The eternal traveler's cycle.

(Day 5: Departure (and Remembering the Sunshine!)

  • Early Morning: Goodbye to the geckos and the welcoming staff. A final look at the ocean. Head to the airport, a little bit sad, but mostly filled with awesome memories.
  • Flight back home The trip back home was an ordeal, filled with delays and connection issues, but it didn't take away the sunshine I'd experienced, and memories I'd forged.

Final Thoughts & Post-Trip Reflections:

  • The Good: Siargao is truly special. The people are warm, the nature is stunning, and the pace of life is utterly relaxing.
  • The Bad: The roads can be a little hairy, the internet is spotty, and surfing is hard. I still have a lot to learn.
  • The Ugly: The sun is relentless. Bring more sunscreen than you think you need. (Trust me.)
  • Would I Go Back?: Absolutely! In a heartbeat! Siargao has a way of
Uncover Quinta Monte dos Avos: Portugal's Hidden Gem!

Book Now

Subangan Homestay 2 Siargao Island Philippines

Subangan Homestay 2 Siargao Island Philippines

Siargao's Subangan Homestay 2: Ask Me Anything (Seriously, Ask!) - The Messiest, Most Honest FAQ Ever!

So, What *IS* Subangan Homestay 2, Anyway? Does it Actually Exist? (My Pre-Trip Panic Mode!)

Okay, okay, deep breaths. Yes, it exists. I swear. I was just as skeptical before I went! It's a real place, nestled (and I mean *nestled*, like a tiny bird's nest!) somewhere on Siargao Island, Philippines. Imagine a little slice of heaven, if heaven was built kinda… rustic. Think bamboo, fan-cooled rooms, and the sound of the ocean constantly whispering sweet nothings into your ear. It's not a five-star resort (thank GOD!), but it’s got soul, like a well-worn pair of comfy jeans. You know, the ones that just fit *right*?

The photos online are actually pretty accurate. Which, in the world of travel, is a minor miracle. Expect a chill vibe, hammocks galore, and the potential to become best friends with a stray dog named 'Lucky' (or at least, that's what *I* named the one who adopted me).

Honestly, before I booked, I spent way too long scrolling through reviews, worrying it was all a scam. Turns out, no scam, just a genuinely cool, off-the-beaten-path kind of place.

Alright, Alright, I'm In. How Do I Even GET There? The Journey Sounds... Challenging.

Challenging is putting it mildly. Think of it as an adventure, a pre-vacation warm-up. You'll likely fly into Sayak Airport (IAO). From there, it's a roughly 45-minute tricycle ride (or a van, if you're feeling swanky and have a lot of luggage) to General Luna, where the party's at! Then, you'll need to find a habal-habal (motorcycle taxi) or a tricycle that knows the way, and they'll ferry you to the actual homestay.

Here's the real kicker: The roads. Oh, the roads! They can be… let's say, "character-building." Expect bumps, dust (especially if it hasn't rained recently), and the occasional goat casually strolling across your path. Bring a scarf or a mask, seriously. And hold on tight! I swear my kidneys are still recovering from some of those potholes.

My tip? Download offline maps! Seriously, you'll thank me later. Cell service is… patchy at best, and getting lost is part of the charm (kind of… until it isn’t). And don't be afraid to ask locals for help! They're generally super friendly and will point you in the right direction (or at least smile and nod, which can be just as reassuring).

The Rooms: Are They Actually LIVEABLE? (I Like Air Conditioning, Okay?)

Okay, listen. If you're a five-star hotel kind of person, Subangan 2 might be a *shock*. They're not swanky, they're not air-conditioned (fans only), and the bathrooms are… basic. Think of it as camping, but with a roof and a mosquito net.

The rooms are clean, believe it or not. The beds are comfy enough. The mosquito nets DO work. The view from my room was absolutely breathtaking – I could practically roll out of bed and onto the beach. That’s the trade-off.

But about those bathrooms… they're functional. Cold showers. Don't go expecting a spa experience. Embrace the simplicity! My first day, I was definitely missing my fancy hotel shower. But by the end of the week? Totally fine. The ocean is right there, after all, and a quick dip usually solves everything.

Food, Glorious Food! What's the Grub Situation? (I'm a Foodie, Judge Me!)

The food at Subangan 2 is… home-cooked. Okay, it's *delicious*, but it's not a Michelin-star experience. Expect fresh, local ingredients, plenty of rice, and usually a meat dish or a seafood option. The portions are generous. You won't go hungry, I promise. Breakfast is usually included – maybe eggs, toast, and some fruit.

Here’s my favorite memory: One night, they cooked up a HUGE grilled fish. Simple, but the freshest, most flavorful fish I've ever eaten. We ate under the stars, chatting with other guests. Honestly, it felt like a family dinner, even though I didn't know anyone when I first arrived. THAT'S the magic of the place.

The homestay can also cater to dietary restrictions, just let them know beforehand. And, of course, you can always venture out to the local restaurants in General Luna (which is a short habal-habal ride away) if you're craving something different. But honestly, the homestay food is part of the experience.

Activities! What is there to DO besides... just, you know, exist? (I get bored easily)

Okay, being bored is not an option. Trust me. There's surf! If you're a surfer, Cloud 9 is a short trip away. Even if you're not, you can take lessons! I took a lesson, ate a few waves in the face, and had the best time. Seriously, I looked (and felt) ridiculous, but I could not stop laughing.

Then there are island hopping tours! You can go to Naked Island, Daku Island, Guia Island – each one is more stunning than the last. The water is that perfect, vibrant turquoise you see in the photos. Snorkeling is incredible, too. I saw more fish and coral than I ever thought possible. And the sunsets? Oh, the sunsets... they're legendary. You can just sit on the beach with a cold beer and watch the sky explode with color.

Kayaking, paddleboarding, exploring local markets, wandering around, getting lost on purpose... basically, you can do whatever your heart desires. Or absolutely nothing at all, and that is perfectly acceptable. I spend an entire afternoon in a hammock, just listening to the waves, and it was heavenly. Don't feel like you NEED to be busy constantly. Embrace the chill.

Okay, the Beach. Is the Beach ACTUALLY Good? (I'm a Beach Snob.)

Alright, beach snob, listen up. The beach at Subangan 2 is… fantastic. It's not the pristine, manicured beach you might find at a luxury resort. But it's beautiful, quiet, and natural. Think soft sand, clear water, and enough space to actually *breathe*.

The advantage of the homestay's location is that it's away from the crowds. You can basically have the beach to yourself, especially if you wake up early. The waves are pretty gentle most of the time, perfect for swimming and relaxing.

Here's my confession: one morning, I was up before the sun, watched it rise, and then just walked along the beach. Nobody else was around. It was one of those moments where you feel completely connected toDelightful Hotels

Subangan Homestay 2 Siargao Island Philippines

Subangan Homestay 2 Siargao Island Philippines

Subangan Homestay 2 Siargao Island Philippines

Subangan Homestay 2 Siargao Island Philippines