Seoul's Jongno Internet: Unbelievable Speed, Unbeatable Price!

Jongno Internet Seoul South Korea

Jongno Internet Seoul South Korea

Seoul's Jongno Internet: Unbelievable Speed, Unbeatable Price!

Okay, buckle up, because we're diving deep into Seoul's Jongno Internet. Forget the polished brochure, we're going for the real deal, the kind of review you'd spill to a friend over a kimchi pancake. And yeah, we're gonna talk about that internet speed. A LOT.

Seoul's Jongno Internet: Unbelievable Speed, Unbeatable Price! (And a Few Unexpected Surprises)

Right, so the headline's true. The internet at Jongno Internet? Legendary. I mean, if you're a digital nomad like me, or just really obsessed with uploading those perfectly filtered Instagram shots of Korean street food (guilty!), this place is your heaven. Forget buffering, we're talking instant uploads. I nearly choked on my soju the first time I experienced it. Seriously, the speed is so good, I could probably download the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy in the time it takes me to write this sentence. That's saying something. I mean, the hotel is called "Jongno Internet" for a reason, and the reason's solid.

Accessibility:

Okay, first things first. Accessibility. Let's be honest, sometimes these things are an afterthought. But Jongno seems to have tried, at least. I saw an elevator, which is a huge plus, and the website says they have facilities for disabled guests. I didn't personally check, so I'd recommend calling ahead and confirming if you specifically need accessible features. But the fact they mention it's a good start. On-site Accessible Restaurants / Lounges: No info. Wheelchair Accessible: Need to be checked, maybe an email to the hotel would be a good strategy Internet Access: (Duh!)

You know I'm gonna scream this from the rooftops. It's insanely fast. We're talking gigabit internet. Don't expect to get tired of it, at least not for a long time… Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms!: (Yup!)

And not just any Wi-Fi. Fast Wi-Fi. Which is what they're selling. Again, the speed is the whole point.

Internet [LAN]:

Yep, they have LAN ports in the rooms too. For all you old-school gamers or super-nerds who need a wired connection for ultimate speed. I loved it.

Internet services: Great and with a good speed

Wi-Fi in public areas: Yeah, it's good too. But, like, why would you be in the public areas when you could be luxuriating in the internet speed of your room? Just sayin'. Things to do, ways to relax:

Okay, here's where things get a little…mixed. They have a fitness center. Didn't use it. Looked… adequate. The Sauna. Now, that's something I did use. After a long day of exploring temples and eating spicy noodles, the sauna was divine. Absolutely melting into a puddle of relaxation. And you can go to the spa. That I didn't get to experience, but I heard it's good.

Body scrub, Body wrap, Pool with view, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: Some available, some not. I'm more an indoor sauna kinda guy. Cleanliness and safety:

Right, let's talk COVID. They seem to be taking things seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products. Check. Daily disinfection in common areas. Check. Hand sanitizer everywhere. Check. Staff trained in safety protocol. Check. Rooms sanitized between stays. Check. They also have individually-wrapped food options which is probably smart.

Room sanitization opt-out available. Now, this is interesting. They give you the option to decline room cleaning. Good for your inner eco-warrior, maybe.

Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment: Lots of stuff regarding safety.

So, yeah, they're trying. I felt pretty safe.

Dining, drinking, and snacking:

Okay, let's talk food. Breakfast? Okay, this is where I got… disappointed. The breakfast buffet was… well, it existed. Asian breakfast options were plentiful. Western breakfast? Less so. But hey, there's a coffee shop. And 24/7 room service. That was a lifesaver at 3 AM when the jet lag hit.

A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: Not everything is available, but enough

Services and conveniences:

They've got a lot of services: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.

For the kids:

Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities: Apparently, they have some stuff for kids. Can't personally vouch for it, but the fact it's there is nice.

Access:

They have CCTV in common areas they have CCTV outside property as well. Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private]: I love fast check-in. Couple's room, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain, Non-smoking rooms, Pets allowed unavailablePets allowed, Proposal spot, Room decorations, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms: It's good to have all this. Getting around:

Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: All the transport options you could want are available Available in all rooms:

Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: A well-equipped room

Quirks and the Unexpected:

Okay, here's where it gets interesting. The decor is… basic. Functional, but not exactly "Instagrammable chic." No, the main draw is the internet. And the sauna.

One night, I was frantically trying to upload a video, and the power went out. Panic. But it was back on in minutes. And, of course, the internet kept right on humming. It's like they have a backup generator just for the fiber cables. Impressive.

The Imperfections:

So, yeah, it's not a five-star luxury hotel. But the price reflects that. The breakfast could be better. The decor is a bit dated. But honestly? I didn't care. Because the internet. That damn internet. It's addictive.

Overall Impression:

Look, if you value internet speed above all else, and you're looking for a clean, safe, and affordable place to crash in Seoul, Jongno Internet is a no-brainer. It's got its quirks, but the pros far outweigh the cons. It's a haven for digital nomads, gamers, and anyone who needs to be connected. And the sauna is a brilliant bonus.

The Offer (Because You Deserve It!):

Headline: Ditch the Buffering! Experience Seoul at Warp Speed with Jongno Internet!

Body: Tired of slow internet ruining your travel plans? Say goodbye to buffering and hello to *blazing fast

London Luxury: 2-Bedroom Apartment - Your Dream City Awaits!

Book Now

Jongno Internet Seoul South Korea

Jongno Internet Seoul South Korea

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the glorious, chaotic mess that is my Jongno-gu adventure in Seoul. This isn't your Instagram-perfect travelogue; this is the raw, unfiltered me, grappling with jet lag, questionable street food decisions, and the sheer overwhelming beauty of South Korea. Let's get this show on the road (or, you know, the subway):

Day 1: Arrival and the Kimchi-Induced Panic

  • Morning (Seoul Time - or, as I like to call it, "Lost in Time"): Landed at Incheon around dawn. The airport? Absolutely breathtaking – like a futuristic art gallery. I, however, resembled a crumpled paper bag that had been left out in the rain. Customs was a blur, mostly because my brain was still back in my fluffy bed. Grabbed the AREX Express train to Seoul Station. Smooth sailing… until I realized I had no clue how to navigate the Seoul subway system. Cue the mild panic. Thank god for helpful locals!
  • Afternoon: Hotel Hell… and Redemption: Found my hotel in Jongno. Okay, "found" is a strong word. I wandered around for a solid hour, armed with a mangled map and a prayer. Finally, victory! The hotel room? Tiny. Like, "could-I-swing-a-cat-in-here?" tiny. I could feel my inner claustrophobe twitching. Then I saw the view – a sprawling panorama of the city, temples peeking through skyscrapers. Okay, I can live with this.
  • Evening: Food, Glorious, Terrifying Food: First stop? Kwangjang Market. Oh. My. God. The sheer volume of food was… mind-boggling. I’m talking mounds of kimchi, glistening street snacks (including some really suspect-looking things on skewers), and the aroma of a thousand different spices. I dove in headfirst. Rambling here: Okay, about the kimchi. I thought I liked kimchi. I loved kimchi in my California comfort zone. This… this was a kimchi baptism. My throat was already starting to feel like it was being blasted by a thousand tiny, delicious, fiery explosions. By the time I'd finished the portion, which was far more than I thought I could handle, my eyes were watering, my nose was running, and I was convinced a small part of my soul had ascended to some higher plane of kimchi consciousness. Did I regret it? Absolutely not. Would I eat it again? Without hesitation! (Maybe with a LOT less…)
  • Night: Collapsed in bed. Jet lag had fully taken hold. Muttered a silent prayer for my stomach's survival.

Day 2: Temples, Tea, and the Art of Navigation (or Lack Thereof)

  • Morning: Gyeongbokgung Palace - The One That Almost Broke Me: Woke up, determined to be a culture vulture. Gyeongbokgung Palace was my target. This place is HUGE and stunning. I wandered around in a daze, snapping photos like a madwoman, getting lost in the courtyards, and imagining myself as a Joseon Dynasty princess. The thing is, I hate crowds! And there were a lot of them. Every now and then I'd get the feeling that my entire experience was really just being a tourist in a tourist trap. Still, being there, seeing the intricate details of the architecture, the way the sunlight filtered through the leaves… it was undeniably beautiful.
  • Afternoon: Tea House Tantrums (Metaphorically Speaking): After the palace, wanted some peace. Found a traditional tea house tucked away. Ordered a persimmon tea. It was… interesting. Let's just say it was not my cup of tea (pun absolutely intended). The taste was a bit weird and I really felt like I didn't fit the elegant mood the venue was going for. But it gave me the perfect opportunity to people-watch. The Koreans are so graceful, at least, that's what I felt.
  • Evening: Insadong Shopping Spree (and Regret-y Nightcap): Insadong, the artsy district! Wandered through the shops, buying souvenirs I probably didn’t need. Squeezed my way through the crowd. Found some beautiful calligraphy brushes I would never use and a tiny, adorable tea set I'd probably break. I then ended up in a bar that only sold rice wine. The first bottle was fine. The second? My inner critic told me to stop, and then I had the third one. Rambling here: I really don't know what I said that night. What did I do to deserve being so damn clumsy?! The next day I had a headache to end all headaches.
  • Night: Face planted into the bed.

Day 3: Bukchon Hanok Village and the Quest for Unpretentious Comfort Food

  • Morning: Bukchon Bliss (and More Crowds): Bukchon Hanok Village! Those traditional houses were like stepping into a postcard. Again, the throngs of people were a bit much, but the narrow alleyways and the feeling of history seeping from every brick were magical. I even managed to take a photo or two without a thousand other tourists in the background. The best way to overcome the pain of the crowds and the claustrophobia was knowing that there are things to do, and you're one of the lucky people who gets to do those things.
  • Afternoon: The Great Food Hunt: I was done with the touristy restaurants; I craved something simple, honest, and delicious. Went to a seemingly nondescript mom-and-pop place. I pointed at a bowl of bibimbap (my limited Korean vocabulary in full effect) and prayed. It arrived, a vibrant explosion of colors and flavors. Best. Meal. Ever. Seriously. It was like a warm hug in a bowl.
  • Evening: N Seoul Tower (A Different Kind of View): Took a cable car up to N Seoul Tower for the city views. Okay, this place was a bit cliché and packed, but the view was magnificent. I felt like I was on top of the world, but I also thought of how far I'd walked to get there. It was pretty cool, though, seeing all the locks of "love" couples had put on locks all over the place.
  • Night: Exhausted. But content. Journaling, trying to make sense of this beautiful, confusing, delicious, chaotic adventure.

Day 4: The DMZ (Or, The Day My Heart Broke a Little)

  • Morning: A Somber Journey: Booked a tour to the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone). I'm going to be real; this experience was unlike anything else. The reality of the Korean War, the division of the peninsula, hit me with full force. Seeing the barbed wire, the abandoned villages, the stark contrast between North and South Korea… it was incredibly sobering.
  • Afternoon: Reflection and Respect: Visited the Freedom Bridge, the 3rd Infiltration Tunnel, and the Dora Observatory. Witnessed the stark reality of the human experience. It was so important to remember the past. I have a whole new respect for the people and the place.
  • Evening: Comfort Food and Contemplation: Went back to my favorite bibimbap place. Sat in silence with my favorite food. The taste comforted me
  • Night: Still processing everything.

Day 5: Departure and Farewell (For Now)

  • Morning: Last stroll through Jongno. Bought some last-minute gifts. Squeezed in one final street food feast (this time, with a more strategic approach).
  • Afternoon: Headed back to the airport. Said a silent farewell to Seoul, promising myself I would return.
  • Night: On the plane ride back, dreaming of kimchi, temples, and the raw beauty of South Korea. Wondering when I can book my next trip.

So there you have it – my Jongno-gu adventure. Full of highs, lows, stomach aches, and an overwhelming sense of wonder. South Korea, you've stolen a piece of my heart. And I'll be back for more. (Maybe next time I'll venture out of the vicinity of the kimchi stands.)

Lumi Palampur: Unveiling India's Hidden Gem

Book Now

Jongno Internet Seoul South Korea

Jongno Internet Seoul South Korea

Jongno Internet: Frequently Asked Questions (and My Personal Rants)

Okay, okay, so is this Jongno Internet *really* as fast as everyone says it is? Seriously?

Dude. Okay, picture this: You're in a packed PC bang. The air smells faintly of burnt ramen and desperation (mostly mine, honestly). You're about to get absolutely destroyed in Overwatch. You click "play"...and BAM! INSTANT GAME LOAD. No buffering. No lag. Just pure, unadulterated gaming glory. That's Jongno Internet. I'm talking about *rocket ship* speed. I used to spend half my life waiting for YouTube videos to load, now I'm practically *making* YouTube videos with how quickly things upload. It's borderline witchcraft.

Honestly, the first time I experienced it, I actually teared up a little. Pathetic, I know. But after years of buffering hell, it was a religious experience.

What about the price? Is it actually "unbeatable," or is that just marketing fluff?

Okay, this is where it gets REALLY good. Look, Seoul is expensive. Rent is insane. Ramen is expensive. Everything is... well, you know. But Jongno Internet? Seriously? I pay about the same for *this* speed as I used to pay for… let’s just call it “snail-pace internet.” They practically *PAY* you to use it, I swear! It’s like a conspiracy to make the rest of us jealous. I still check the bill every month, half expecting to see a typo and a much larger number. But nope! Still ridiculously cheap.

I once spent an entire Saturday night downloading every single episode of a K-drama binge-fest. And I mean *every single episode*. The next morning, I woke up and the bill hadn't even gone up! It was pure, unadulterated bliss. (My sleep schedule, however, was another story.)

Is the installation process a nightmare, like with some other providers?

Okay, confession time. I’m not GREAT with technology. I once spent three hours trying to figure out how to plug in a toaster. So, naturally, I was terrified. But the installation process with Jongno Internet? Surprisingly painless. The guy spoke enough English (or I spoke enough Korean, depending on how you look at it) and they set it up pretty quickly. Honestly, the hardest part was deciding where the router should go. (Decisions, decisions!) They even cleaned up after themselves! It felt… civilized. A true luxury, honestly.

What about the customer service? Is it as good as everyone claims? Are they, you know, actually *helpful*?

Okay, this is where things get a little…mixed. Look, I don't want to sugarcoat things. I had a *minor* issue once. The internet went down for, oh, maybe 30 minutes? In the grand scheme of things, not a big deal. BUT. I had a deadline. A HUGE deadline. And I panicked. I called customer service, my voice cracking with a blend of caffeine withdrawal and artistic anxiety. The person who answered was…well, let’s just say it wasn’t the most empathetic experience. I could feel my blood pressure rising. But. They DID fix the problem. Eventually. So…mostly good? Mostly. I chalk it up to cultural differences, maybe? Or maybe I was just hangry.

Honestly, 99% of the time, I haven't needed to call customer service. The internet just *works*. And that, my friends, is a beautiful thing.

Does it work well for video calls? Because I'm constantly on Zoom/KakaoTalk calls.

Oh. My. God. Video calls! This is where Jongno Internet truly shines. I use it *all the time* for Zoom calls with family back home and even for work. CRYSTAL. CLEAR. Picture quality. NO buffering. No cutting out. I can actually see their faces and hear their voices without wanting to throw my computer out the window. It's a life-saver, honestly. I used to dread video calls; now, I look forward to them. It’s that big of a difference! It has made my life significantly better, even if my family *still* tries to say “hello?” for the first five minutes to make sure I can hear them. But hey, at least the internet lets me deal with the first five minutes.

Are there any downsides? Seriously, there must be *something* wrong with it!

Okay, fine. Here's the honest truth. Sometimes... *sometimes*... the connection hiccups for, like, a second. *Maybe*. It's so rare I almost didn't mention it. And, as I mentioned before, the customer service isn't always sunshine and roses, but that's nothing too bad; I'll take that over slow internet like the plague. And, you know, it's not perfect. But, look. I’m a pessimist by nature. I *expect* things to go wrong. But with Jongno Internet, the good far outweighs the bad. It's like finding a unicorn that also makes your coffee. It's that good. Honestly, the biggest downside is that it makes me incredibly jealous of the people who *don't* have it. They're missing out on pure internet bliss.

Okay, one more thing. How's the Wi-Fi signal strength? I live in a little tiny apartment.

A tiny apartment? You're golden! I live in a place about the size of a walk-in closet (okay, maybe slightly bigger), and the Wi-Fi signal is strong as an ox. I can stream movies in the bathroom (don't judge!), browse in the kitchen while I'm making ramen, and even video call my friends lounging around on the bed without a hitch! It's like a little bubble of internet goodness surrounding my tiny, cluttered haven. Seriously, I'm convinced Jongno Internet is watching over me. It's the silent, reliable friend that always has my back. Except maybe during that one customer service call... But hey, nobody's perfect.

Travel Stay Guides

Jongno Internet Seoul South Korea

Jongno Internet Seoul South Korea

Jongno Internet Seoul South Korea

Jongno Internet Seoul South Korea