
Uncover Xian's Secrets: The Legendary Voco Xi'an Qindu IHG Hotel Awaits!
Uncover Xian's Secrets… and Survive the Voco Xi'an Qindu! (A REALLY Honest Review)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the legendary (and possibly slightly bonkers) Voco Xi'an Qindu IHG Hotel. Forget the polished brochures – this is real life, folks. And trust me, after dodging tourist hordes at the Terracotta Army all day, you need a good hotel. Did the Voco deliver? Let's unravel the mystery, one (hopefully clean) towel at a time…
First Impressions & Accessibility: A Mixed Bag, but a Good Start (Mostly!)
Okay, the sheer scale of the place hits you first. It's HUGE. Getting in is relatively painless, thankfully. They've got a decent system for contactless check-in/out, which is a godsend after navigating the Xi'an airport. Accessibility: Listen, if you're using a wheelchair, this is where things get a little…interesting. They do have facilities for disabled guests, which is great. There are elevators (essential!), and the public areas are mostly accessible. However, maneuvering through the vastness of the lobby can feel like a marathon. I’d advise checking with them directly about room accessibility details beforehand – don’t just assume.
Internet: Blessed Wi-Fi, But…
Thank the wireless gods! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! Also, Wi-Fi in public areas! YES! That’s a big win. It was surprisingly fast, which is crucial when you're trying to upload those epic Terracotta Army selfies. There's also Internet [LAN] if you're old school. The internet is crucial so I can't skip it, and it's great the hotel offers it.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: A Spa, a Pool, and…More Spa?
Alright, this is where the Voco really tries to shine. They throw the whole darn kitchen sink at you, spa-wise. Spa/sauna, sauna, steam room, massage, body scrub, body wrap, foot bath… It's a spa avalanche! I, personally, am a sucker for a good massage after a day of ancient history. And the massage? Chef's kiss. Seriously relaxing and not too hard, the spa felt like a true escape.
The Pool with view is spectacular, especially at sunset. I spent a good hour just gazing out, thinking, "Wow, I'm really far away from my laundry." Then there’s the swimming pool [outdoor] which is a great option for swimming. There is also a fitness center, which I didn’t actually use. Let's be honest, I was too busy eating delicious dumplings. I do like the fact that it is there, makes the place more accessible.
Rooms: Comfortable Cocoon, But… (And a Moment of Sheer Joy!)
The rooms are… nice. Really, they're solid. Air conditioning, blackout curtains, super comfy bed with extra long bed(!). And then there’s the bathroom. Big, clean, with a separate shower and bathtub. My room had a pretty nice view of the city, too.
But, and this is a HUGE "but," I have to tell you about this one specific thing. I went for a really nice bath, and I couldn't find a bath bomb so I searched for some of the other things in the bathroom. Bathrobes, complimentary tea, hairdryer and more. The bathrobes were the best thing I found though, oh my gosh they were soft and fluffy! And I just sat in the bath, wrapped in that robe, sipping tea, and feeling like a queen. It was a small moment, but it was pure, unapologetic joy.
Cleanliness & Safety: COVID-Era Concerns, Addressed (Mostly!)
Alright, let’s get real. The world is pandemic-y. The Voco takes this seriously. Staff trained in safety protocol, daily disinfection in common areas, room sanitization opt-out available (which, seriously, why would you?), anti-viral cleaning products, hand sanitizer everywhere… They're trying.
The Safe dining setup, sanitized kitchen and tableware items, and individually-wrapped food options were reassuring. I did feel safe and that they are doing their best for the customers.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Food Lover's Paradise (Mostly Vegetarian-Friendly, too!)
Okay, food! This is where the Voco really earns its stripes. They have restaurants, with Western cuisine in restaurant, and Asian cuisine in restaurant. There's a Vegetarian restaurant, which is huge for traveling! A Breakfast [buffet] that is a feast for the eyes and stomach and a Coffee shop. They offer 24-hour room service, and there’s a poolside bar for those all-important sunset cocktails.
The Breakfast [buffet] was epic. Seriously. A dizzying array of choices, from Western staples to authentic Chinese dishes. Do NOT miss the dim sum. And the coffee? Remarkably decent.
Services and Conveniences: Making Life Easier…or Complicated?
They’ve got all the usual suspects: concierge, daily housekeeping, dry cleaning, laundry service, currency exchange, luggage storage… You name it, they probably have it. Cash withdrawal helps to make it easier to get money. There is also a convenience store.
For the Kids: Thinking of the little ones, Nice!
The Voco is also Family/child-friendly, and they offer a Babysitting service and Kids meal. I think that they did a great job.
Getting Around: The Airport Shuffle and Beyond
They offer airport transfer and taxi service. There is also car park [free of charge]. Easy peasy.
BUT, let me warn you… navigating the city from here can be a challenge. Xi'an is huge. Plan your transportation carefully!
The Verdict: A Recommended Stay (With a Few Quirks!)
The Voco Xi'an Qindu? Highly recommended. It's not perfect. There are minor imperfections, and the sheer size can be a bit overwhelming. But with the well-appointed rooms, the delicious food, and the overall commitment to guest comfort and safety, it's a great choice for exploring the ancient city of Xi'an.
Now, for the sales pitch (because you knew it was coming!)
Tired of the tourist traps? Craving a luxurious escape after a day of history?
Book your stay at the Voco Xi'an Qindu IHG Hotel today!
Here’s what awaits you:
- Unwind in a spa oasis: Rejuvenate your body and soul with a massage, relax in the sauna, and soak away your stress in the stunning pool.
- Savor a world of culinary delights: Indulge in a diverse array of cuisines, from authentic Chinese dishes to international favorites, with a breakfast buffet that will leave you speechless.
- Rest easy in luxurious rooms: Sink into a cloud-like bed, wrapped in the softest robes, and enjoy the peace of mind offered by top-notch safety protocols.
- Experience the convenience of a world-class hotel: with free Wi-Fi, helpful staff, and a wealth of amenities, you can relax in comfort.
Limited-time offer: Book now and receive a complimentary upgrade to a room with a city view and a free welcome cocktail! Plus, get a discount on spa treatments!
Don't just visit Xi'an, experience it in style and comfort. Book your stay at the Voco Xi'an Qindu IHG Hotel today! You won't regret it!
Luxury 3BR Vinhomes Times City Hanoi: Breathtaking Views Await!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! We're diving headfirst into the gloriously chaotic, utterly unpredictable, and potentially disastrous (but hopefully amazing) world of my Xi'an adventure, specifically at the Voco Xi'An Qindu Legend by IHG. This is not your meticulously curated, Instagram-perfect travel guide. This is the raw, unfiltered truth… or at least as close as I can get to it while simultaneously trying to remember what I had for breakfast.
Day 1: Arrival and the Grand (and Slightly Overwhelming) Welcome
- Morning (Sort Of): Landed in Xi'an. The airport? Massive. Felt like I walked a marathon just to get to baggage claim. My luggage, bless its heart, almost got stuck on the carousel. Panic level: slightly elevated. Found the hotel shuttle. Success! Or so I thought…
- Afternoon (Nap Time Delayed!): Voco Xi'An Qindu Legend. Woah. Okay, this place is… fancy. Gleaming marble, smiling faces… I'm suddenly very aware of my travel-worn jeans and questionable hair. Check-in was smooth, thankfully. The room? Huge! Like, "could-probably-host-a-small-wedding" huge. The view? Not quite the terracotta army, but I'm not complaining.
- Afternoon (Trying to Adult): This is where things went sideways. I attempted to navigate the hotel's "restaurant" (it's more like a palace dining hall) for a late lunch. Menu in Mandarin. My Mandarin? Non-existent. Pointing and praying worked, thankfully. Ended up with something vaguely resembling chicken and vegetables. It tasted…fine. I think I was too overwhelmed by the sheer grandeur to truly appreciate it.
- Evening (First Impression): The hotel lobby bar. Ordered a cocktail. It arrived with an elaborately carved fruit garnish. I felt like a peasant trying to navigate royalty. Decided to embrace the awkward and ordered a second, hoping for a bit more bravery. It worked, or maybe it was the alcohol, who knows.
Day 2: Terra-cotta Warriors and Existential Dread
- Morning (The Army Awakens!): The Terracotta Army. Oh. My. God. Pictures don't do it justice. You walk in, and BAM. Thousands of warriors staring at you. It's overwhelming, awe-inspiring, and a little bit creepy all at once. I spent way too long staring at one particular warrior, wondering what his life was like. Did he have a family? Did he know he was going to be buried for eternity? The existential dread really set in.
- Afternoon (Food Fails and Triumph): Okay, lunch. I was determined to do better this time. Found a tiny noodle place near the army. The noodles were glorious. The chili oil? Scalding, but glorious. I may or may not have accidentally set my mouth on fire. Totally worth it.
- Afternoon (Shopping Chaos): Attempted to haggle for a souvenir at a market. Failed miserably. The shopkeeper saw right through me. Ended up paying way too much for a porcelain cat. It's hideous. I love it.
- Evening (City Wall Stroll and Stargazing): Walked the ancient city wall. The view was incredible, especially at sunset. Felt incredibly serene, the kind of peace that's only possible when you're on top of a giant brick wall in a foreign country. The stars were amazing that night!
- Midnight (Panic Mode): My travel adapter refused to charge my phone. The world fell apart. Spent an hour frantically searching for a replacement. Found one. Victory! Feel like I can conquer the world. Or at least, charge my phone.
Day 3: Dumplings, Temples, and Inner Peace (Maybe)
- Morning (Dumpling Delirium): The dumpling banquet! I expected delicious, and that's what I got. They offered every possible variety! Had a dumpling shaped like a panda. It was too adorable to eat (almost) but I did. The whole experience was just a joy!
- Afternoon (Big Goose Pagoda and Cultural Intrigue): Big Wild Goose Pagoda, beautiful and impressive. Climbed to the top, the view was fantastic. The religious music drifting from the temple grounds was oddly peaceful. It made me reflect on… well, nothing profound, just the sheer amount of steps I had to climb. They were worth it for the experience.
- Afternoon (Street Food Adventures): I was on a mission! Street food! Went for the skewers, the buns, the fried things… My stomach is still recovering. The flavors! The smells! The questionable origins of some of the ingredients! It’s a gamble I'm willing to take.
- Evening (Spa Time!!): Went to the hotel spa. Heavenly. Soaking in the hot tub was the single best decision I made all trip. Was just an amazing experience.
- Late Night (Hotel Room Shenanigans): Attempted to order room service. The phone system defeated me. Gave up and ate the leftover buns. No complaints.
Day 4: The Journey Home (And the Deep Sigh of Relief)
- Morning (Hotel Breakfast and Farewell): The hotel breakfast was… well, it was breakfast. Ate enough to fuel me for the trek to the airport. The staff, bless their hearts, were unfailingly polite, even when I looked like I was about to spontaneously combust from the sheer intensity of the experience.
- Afternoon (The Airport Again, Ugh): The airport. Again. The endless security lines. The overpriced coffee. The longing for my own bed. This is where the real adventure begins.
- Evening (Back to Reality – Maybe): Landed back home. Exhausted. Overwhelmed. Covered in a layer of travel grime. But… I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Xi'an, you chaotic, beautiful, dumpling-filled beast. I'll be back.
- Night: Now, to unpack. And remember everything. And maybe, just maybe, try to learn some Mandarin before I go again. Wish me luck!
Final Thoughts (Messy, of Course):
The Voco Xi'An Qindu Legend was… an experience. It was beautiful, and it was a bit intimidating at times. Xi'an, even more so. There were moments of blissful joy, moments of abject confusion, and moments where I just sat in my room and stared at a wall. I ate too much, spent too much, and probably embarrassed myself more times than I care to admit. But isn’t that what travel is all about? The chaos, the unexpected, the delicious dumplings? Hell yes. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to find a shower and remember how to be a normal human again. Farewell, for now!
Seoul's BEST House for Large Groups: Mapo/Mangwon/Hongdae Gem!
Uncover Xian's Secrets: The Legendary Voco Xi'an Qindu IHG Hotel Awaits! (But Seriously... Should You?) FAQs
Okay, spill the tea. Is this place REALLY as luxurious as the pictures make it out to be?
Alright, fine, *sigh* truth time. The photos? Glamorous. The reality? Mostly glamorous. Look, it's a Voco, part of the IHG family, so you know they're trying to deliver the goods. The lobby? Stunning. Massive. Think soaring ceilings and enough marble to make a Roman emperor jealous. But... and there's always a "but"... I remember the first time walking in... that overwhelming scent of, like, fancy potpourri hit me. Seriously, *so* strong. My sinuses were like, "Nope." Had to air out! Still, the lobby did look *amazing*. Then there was the time the elevator got stuck... for a good ten minutes. Thankfully, I wasn't claustrophobic (much). So, yeah. Luxurious? Yes. Flawless? Honey, *nothing* is. Just pack some nasal spray. And maybe a good book for the elevator!
What's the deal with the location? Is it actually convenient for seeing the Terracotta Army and all that?
Okay, let's talk location. And this is a biggie. It's... *relatively* close. By which I mean, you’re not stumbling distance from the Terracotta Army. It’s a drive. Factor in traffic… which, in Xi'an, is its own special breed of chaos. Depending on the time of day, you could be looking at a 45-minute to an hour-and-a-half trip. Trust me, I learned this the hard way. Rushed breakfast; then a frantic dash and a late arrival. Which meant missed photo opportunities. Then again, you can arrange for a hotel car. Which is super convenient, but adds up fast, so plan your budget accordingly. Also, the proximity to other sights, like the City Wall and the Muslim Quarter, is also a bit of a trek. But hey, that's part of the adventure, yeah? Just don't expect to walk everywhere. I certainly did not and I regretted that choice.
The rooms… are they worth the price? What about the views?
The rooms… Ugh, the rooms. Look, they're nicely done. Stylish. Comfortable beds, good amenities. The WiFi actually worked (a blessing!). But... the "view"? Okay, here's where I got a little *salty*. I paid extra for a "premium" room, supposedly with a great view. My view? A building. Another building. And maybe a sliver of the city. It wasn't terrible, but definitely not the panoramic vista I was hoping for! Honestly, I was a little peeved. Then again, maybe I should have asked for a different room. In my defense, I was jetlagged and just wanted to crash. But seriously, triple-check that "view" when you book. Don't be like me. Unless you *like* staring at concrete.
What about the food? Is it any good? I need my noodles!
Okay, the food situation... It's complicated. The hotel restaurants are, shall we say, a mixed bag. They certainly *try* to be fancy. I remember one night, I ordered something that was supposed to be a "traditional Xian dish." It arrived looking... *interesting*. And tasting? Let's just say it wasn't quite what I was expecting. The presentation was flawless, though! It's definitely designed for the "international" crowd. Expect some Western options, maybe a bit too much Western. Now, breakfast? That's where it shines, and I mean that. I was obsessed with the fresh fruit; the selection was insane and the juices? Perfection. The local pastries... oh my god. I *might* have eaten my weight in those little flaky things. (Don't judge me). And the noodles? Well, you're in Xi'an. *Go out for noodles*. Don't rely solely on the hotel. Explore the Muslim Quarter. Your taste buds will thank you. I did and I was so happy.
And the service? Is the staff helpful? Do they speak English?
Ah, the service… It's generally good, but with a few hiccups. The staff are, for the most part, incredibly polite and eager to help. But remember, you're in China, and English might not be universally spoken. Some staff members have excellent English, some have a little less. So, be patient, smile, and use a translation app if you need to. I found that pointing and miming got me pretty far! There was one time, trying to order a taxi… total chaos. The hotel staff were trying their best, bless them, but it took a good 20 minutes to sort out. (I was late for a date with the Great Wild Goose Pagoda, let's just say.) But overall, they were genuinely helpful. And that goes a long way. Plus, the doormen were always amazing! Always smiling, hailing cabs, and making sure I was safe. They were the best.
Anything else to watch out for at Voco Xi'an Qindu? Red flags? Hidden gems?
Okay, let's talk red flags and hidden gems! Avoid the overpriced minibar. Seriously. Go to a convenience store. The pool? Gorgeous, but I never actually managed to get in. Too much sightseeing! (And maybe a slight fear of public swimming pools – sue me). Check the details on the restaurant timings during your stay. The hours can be a bit… fluid. And the hidden gem? Okay, this is a good one. The spa. Even if you're not a spa person, consider it. The massages were *divine*. I went twice. They are worth the money, especially after a day of pounding the pavement and exploring. The ambiance was calming and serene, just what I needed. And a good massage after the stress of trying to understand the taxi situation... pure bliss.
Would you recommend this hotel? Honestly.
Honestly? It's a tough one. It's not perfect, far from it. Its a flawed gem. The location is a minor pain; some things are overpriced; and the "view" roulette is a gamble. But, the overall experience was… pleasant. The staff tried hard, the rooms were comfortable, and the spa was a lifesaver. And I *did* get some amazing photos of the Terracotta Army! But, consider your priorities. Are you a budget traveler? Maybe not. Do you want to be right in the heart of things? This might not be it. Are you okay with a bit of imperfection and inconvenience in exchange for a touch of luxury? Then, yeah. Maybe. I would stay again, now with the knowledge in hand. Just pack comfortableStay Finder Review

