
Dubai's BEST Kept Secret? This Hotel Will Blow You Away!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on Dubai's…well, allegedly BEST Kept Secret. And trust me, after my recent visit, I’m not so sure how much of a secret it actually is anymore. But hey, let's dive in, shall we? Prepare for ramblings, opinions, and maybe even a few tears (mostly of joy, hopefully).
(Disclaimer: I'm not a professional reviewer. I'm just a gal who likes a good hotel and isn't afraid to tell you exactly what she thinks.)
The Allure (and the Annoyances): A Review That's as Chaotic as My Suitcase
First off, let's be honest: "Dubai's BEST Kept Secret"? That's marketing hyperbole. But this place, let's call it… The Oasis (for the sake of not revealing the actual name and blowing its cover further), does try. And mostly succeeds.
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag, Honestly.
Okay, real talk. Accessibility is SO important, and it's a mixed bag here. They say they have facilities for disabled guests, like an elevator (phew!), but the devil's in the details, right? I didn't personally need them, but I did notice some areas seemed a little tight for wheelchairs. So, if accessibility is a must, call and specifically ask about room specifics. Don't just believe the website. Always verify.
On-Site Accessible Restaurants/Lounges: Hmm. Again, I didn’t personally check this out (bad reviewer, I know!), but the layout looked like there should be accessible options. But again, call ahead to verify. Don't rely on my bleary-eyed assessments after a particularly potent sunrise cocktail.
Internet, Internet, Everywhere! (Mostly Good, But…):
- Wi-Fi in Public Areas: Check! (And it actually worked! Big win.)
- Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms!: DOUBLE CHECK!! Listen, a good Wi-Fi connection is CRUCIAL. I need to update my Insta stories, obviously. This place delivered. Boom. Free and fast. And in a world of expensive hotel Wi-Fi fees, that's a small victory for humankind.
- Internet [LAN] & Internet Services: Yep, they also have a LAN option, which is a nice touch for those (nerds?) who really need a stable connection. I didn't use it, but the option is there.
- Internet: This is a no-brainer, but they've got it.
Things To Do, Ways To Relax: Paradise Found? (Maybe.)
Oh, boy, where do I even begin? This is where The Oasis REALLY shines. (Although my bank account shuddered.)
- Pool with View: HOLY. MOLY. The infinity pool… overlooking the city? Forget trying to swim laps. I just sat there, sipping my cocktail, feeling like I was on top of the world. Pure. Bliss. Okay, maybe not pure. It's Dubai. There's likely someone taking selfies on a floating unicorn nearby. But still… the view made you forget about it.
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: Yes, multiple pools. See above. More options, folks. Options are good.
- Fitness Center: They call it a "fitness center," but basically, it's a state-of-the-art gym. I spent, oh, maybe an hour in it. (Okay, I walked in, took a picture for my stories, and left because, hey, vacation.) But it looked impressive.
- Spa, Spa/sauna: Okay, now we're talking. The spa was… an experience. The massages? Sublime. The sauna and steamroom? Heavenly. I spent a good three hours in there one afternoon, emerging feeling like a brand-new person. I was supposed to be doing work, but priorities, people. Priorities.
- Body scrub, Body wrap: Yep. All the pampering. Treat yourself. You deserve it (even if your bank account doesn't think so).
- Foot bath: Never had one. Sounded nice, though.
- Massage: Ah, the massage. I think I'll go back just for the massage. Again, pure bliss. A real escape from the noise.
Cleanliness and Safety: Sanitized Kitchens and Tableware, Oh My!
Look, in a world still grappling with… well, you know, the thing, cleanliness is paramount. The Oasis seemed laser-focused.
- Anti-viral cleaning products: Good!
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Even better!
- Hand sanitizer: Everywhere! (I’m a germaphobe, so this made me very, very happy.)
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Excellent.
- Safe dining setup: YES!
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Of course!
- Staff trained in safety protocol: This made me feel really at ease. The staff were all extremely professional. And helpful. And wearing the masks, even during the crazy heat.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Foodie's Paradise (Mostly)
Food is important. So, so important. And the Oasis mostly delivered.
- Restaurants: Several.
- A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant: Yep. Plenty of options.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant: The options are vast and varied.
- Room service [24-hour]: Absolute lifesaver after a long day of… well, relaxing.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant, Poolside bar, Snack bar, Bottle of water: What more can I say? Always a plus!
- Desserts in restaurant: Amazing. Absolutely. The desserts were to die for.
Services and Conveniences: Doormen and Dry Cleaning – Oh My!
The little things matter.
- Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes, Air conditioning in public area, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Ironing service, Laundry service: Yes, yes, and yes. They really thought of everything.
- Cash withdrawal: Useful!
- Non-smoking rooms: A must for me.
- Front desk [24-hour]: Always a plus.
- Smoking area: For the smokers.
For the Kids: Babysitting and More!
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: Yes. They thought of the little ones, too.
Getting Around: Car Park [free of charge] – YES!
- Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: So many options to get you where you need to go.
- Car park [free of charge]: This is a BIG win in Dubai, where parking can be a nightmare.
Available in All Rooms: The Essentials (and Some Extras)
This is what makes a hotel stay truly liveable.
- Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: This is seriously impressive. You want for nothing in the rooms. They've thought of it all. The rooms themselves are beautifully designed: bright, airy, and incredibly comfortable.
The Imperfections (Because Nothing's Perfect)
Okay, let's get real. This hotel is not without its quirks.
- The Service: While generally excellent, it could occasionally be… a bit Dubai-esque. Polite, efficient, but sometimes a little… detached. They aim for perfect, but it's not quite there.
- The Price: It’s Dubai. It's not a cheap city (hello expensive food!). The Oasis sits in the higher price range, so be prepared to shell out a bit.
Quirky Observations (Because Honesty is the Best Policy)
- I swear I saw the same woman in a different designer outfit three times in the lobby. Dubai, I love it.
- The complimentary water bottles in the rooms were a lifesaver. Dehydration is a real danger in that heat.
- The rooftop bar? Worth it.
The Verdict:
Despite a few minor nitpicks, The Oasis almost
Escape to Glasgow's Hidden Gem: Four Seasons Country Inn Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your sterile, perfectly-crafted itinerary. This is my trip to the Best Western Premier M Four Hotel in Dubai, and trust me, it's going to be a wild ride. Grab your coffee, maybe a tissue, and prepare for some serious travel chaos, narrated by yours truly.
DUBAI, BABY! (Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Heat)
Day 1: Arrival – Sheer, Utter Discombobulation and the Miracle of AC
- Morning (ish): Let's be honest, "morning" is a generous term. My flight from (let's not mention the specific city, it's a source of shame and delayed flights) was a red-eye. Landed at Dubai International Airport, feeling like a zombie. The heat hit me like a wall. A literal wall of hot, humid air. My meticulously planned "chic travel outfit" (linen pants, flowy top) was immediately soaked.
- The Great Taxi Heist: The airport was a whirlwind of people, luggage, and the faint but ever-present smell of luxury perfume. Finding a taxi felt like running the Hunger Games. Finally snagged one, and promptly realized I had no idea how to pay. After a frantic exchange of hand gestures and broken English, I think the driver understood I needed an ATM. Bless his heart.
- Afternoon: Arrived at the Best Western Premier M Four Hotel. Okay, first impressions: Lobby is…glitzy. Like, gold-plated everything. Is this a hotel or a Bond villain's lair? Check-in was thankfully easy (thank you, weary travelers before me who probably wrote the reviews). The sweet relief of the air conditioning the moment I walked into my room… it was a religious experience. Pure, unadulterated bliss.
- Room Disaster: Okay, my room. It's…fine. Kinda small, but clean. Except, the "city view" they promised? Turns out to be a view of, well, more buildings. And a construction site. Sigh. Ah well, I try to be positive! I'm in Dubai! Time to unpack. Where did my other shoe go?!
- Evening: Okay, post-unpacking, finally ventured down to the hotel restaurant, feeling my jet lag kick in. Ate something unrecognizable but delicious, mostly because I was starving. The food was way better than anything I actually wanted to eat, I wish I could have eaten more. Seriously, I can't stress how good this restaurant was! After dinner, I spent a good hour Googling "Dubai attractions near me" while fighting off sleep. Ended up falling asleep while scrolling through Instagram, drool likely pooling on the pillow.
Day 2: The Desert Mirage and Shopping Mayhem
- Morning: Woke up feeling slightly less like a corpse. Breakfast was buffet-style and glorious. So many options! I ate approximately 50% of the available items. Fueling up for… the desert safari! (More on that in a bit!).
- Afternoon: Desert Safari…and the Great Dune Chase of Doom!
- This deserves its own section. Okay, the desert safari. I booked a tour, because going out into the desert on your own? Not a smart move. Met my group. The driver was…eccentric. But in a good way! The dunes were insane. You’re going up, up, up, and WHOOSH…down the other side. My stomach lurched more than a few times. I'm pretty sure I said a few prayers.
- The Great Dune Chase of Doom: At one point, the driver, clearly a seasoned pro, got a little too enthusiastic. We were careening down a dune, sideways, and I swear the car was about to flip. My scream was probably audible for miles. (Note to self: Clutch the seat, no matter how embarrassing it looks.). The world was flashing, everything felt wrong, and then…we were fine. The best driver I've ever, ever had. We had a picnic! And some belly dancing! I was terrified and exhilarated all at once. It was the most terrifying and wonderful thing I've ever done. 10/10 would recommend, but maybe bring a spare pair of pants.
- Evening: The desert safari left me sandy, sun-kissed, and in need of a nap. But, oh no, there was shopping to be done! Headed to the Dubai Mall. I’m not a big shopper. I find it stressful, but the mall was… well, it was a sight. Everything was huge. Everything was shiny!
- Lost in the Labyrinth of Luxury: Lost in the mall. Seriously. The shops are so ornate, and the place is so freaking vast that I found myself wandering in circles. Found a Starbucks, bought an overpriced coffee, and people-watched. It was fascinating. (And I finally found my shoe!)
Day 3: "Culture" and Conundrums
- Morning: Okay, today I was trying to do culture. Spent the morning at the Dubai Museum. It was… interesting. The history of the city is amazing, the museum was not exactly what I expected.
- Afternoon: Walked the creek, ate some street food (very spicy!), and generally tried to look like a sophisticated traveler. I even attempted to haggle at a souk. Failing miserably. I probably overpaid for everything.
- Evening: The Burj Khalifa…and the Panic of the Heights
- The Majestic…and Slightly Terrifying…Burj Khalifa: Booked tickets to go up the Burj Khalifa. This was supposed to be the highlight. The views…they were breathtaking. Seriously. The way the city glittered at night… wow!
- The Panic Attack Zone: But. The height. I’m not going to lie. I’m not the greatest with heights. And standing on the tallest building in the world? My palms started sweating, my breathing got shallow, and I was pretty sure I was going to pass out. Managed to hold it together, mostly, but I definitely hugged the window. I'm writing this because I'm alive, but I'm not going to lie. It shook me up.
- Post-Burj Recovery: After descending, I needed a stiff drink. Luckily the hotel had a bar. I ordered the strongest thing on the menu. It helped. I even started laughing.
Day 4: Poolside Recovery and Departure, (Maybe With a Hint of Sadness)
- Morning: Post-Burj terror, I opted to do nothing. Lounged by the hotel pool. The water was refreshingly cool, the sun felt good. Did some actual reading (thank goodness for books).
- Afternoon: Packing time. The dreaded moment. This is when the wistful sadness that comes with traveling sets in.
- The Souvenir Struggle: Went to a shop to buy some souvenirs and gifts and I ended up buying far more than I needed. Why does every single one of these shops have the same things? But I bought them anyway.
- Evening: Said goodbye to Dubai. The city is a whirlwind of extremes, culture, and chaos. It was exhausting. It was overwhelming. And. I kind of loved it.
- The Uber Mishap: Leaving for the airport, I almost missed my flight. UBER! (I needed to get to the airport!). The location was wrong. The driver couldn't find me! Oh, the stress! I had to drag my suitcase, and my souvenirs, down the block. (Also, where did I remember that I needed that extra shoe?!).
Final Thoughts (and a plea for more AC):
Dubai is a trip. You'll be amazed. You'll be exhausted. You might have a mild panic attack. But you will have stories. And, dear God, the air conditioning is a gift from the gods. I would absolutely stay at the Best Western Premier M Four Hotel Dubai again. It was comfortable, safe, and the staff were friendly! It's a good place to return to when all of the wild experiences start to become too much. I guess I'm going home now, but part of me already misses it…
Bali's BEST Villa: 3BR Seminyak Paradise Awaits!
Dubai's "Best Kept Secret" Hotel: The Truth (and the Messy Bits!)
Okay, spill it! Where IS this "Hidden Gem" everyone raves about?
So, what's so *secret* about it anyway? Is it like, a bunker for spies?
Tell me about the rooms! Are they Instagrammable? (Be honest!)
The Food! Is it worth the hype (and the price tag, because let's be real...Dubai)?
What's a major "downside" to this "perfect" hotel you keep gushing over?
Who is this hotel *really* for? Is it for luxury-obsessed travelers or what?
Okay, so let's say I'm convinced. Any specific tips for first-timers?
Is there anything I should really, really avoid doing? Like, a total rookie mistake?

