Luxury Edinburgh Escape: Leonardo Hotel Murrayfield Awaits!

Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh Murrayfield Edinburgh United Kingdom

Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh Murrayfield Edinburgh United Kingdom

Luxury Edinburgh Escape: Leonardo Hotel Murrayfield Awaits!

Leonardo Hotel Murrayfield: Edinburgh, You Beauty (and a Few Hiccups!)

Alright, let's be real. You're looking for a luxurious Edinburgh escape, and the Leonardo Hotel Murrayfield is waving its arms, screaming "PICK ME! PICK ME!" And hey, I get it. Edinburgh's magic, and a comfy hotel is practically mandatory for soaking it all in. So, after spending a few days there, here’s the unvarnished truth – the good, the… well, the less good, and how you can still have a bloody brilliant time.

First Impressions (and a bit of a scramble)…

Pulling up, the hotel looks sleek. Modern. Promising. Parking? Yes! And FREE! (Car park [free of charge] - YES!). That's a win in Edinburgh, trust me. There are plenty of car parks [on-site], too, in case the free ones are all taken, but that one's on your dime. Getting in and out was pretty easy, but I have to admit, I was a little flustered at first. Finding the right entrance (the one that's actually open) felt a little like a treasure hunt. Eventually, I found the right one, and the doorman was friendly enough to guide me, a very welcome face after my journey.

The Room: My Personal Sanctuary (Mostly)

Okay, the rooms? Pretty decent. Available in all rooms: Additional toilet, air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes, bathroom phone, bathtub, blackout curtains, carpeting, closet, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, daily housekeeping, desk, extra long bed, free bottled water, hair dryer, high floor, in-room safe box, interconnecting room(s) available, internet access – LAN, internet access – wireless, ironing facilities, laptop workspace, linens, mini bar, mirror, non-smoking, on-demand movies, private bathroom, reading light, refrigerator, safety/security feature, satellite/cable channels, scale, seating area, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers, smoke detector, socket near the bed, sofa, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, umbrella, visual alarm, wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], window that opens. It really did feel like my own little sanctuary, and I can say without shame I spend an extra hour each morning to relax. The bed was ridiculously comfortable. The blackout curtains? Essential for those long Edinburgh summer days (and nights, let's be honest). The complimentary tea was a lifesaver. I was very impressed with the cleanliness and the daily housekeeping, I felt safe at all times and very comfortable.

The Internet (It’s a Battle Sometimes…)

Don’t get me started on the [Internet Access – Wireless]. Though [Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!] is a HUGE selling point, it was… a bit spotty. Sometimes lightning-fast, other times… I'm pretty sure I could have streamed a silent film faster. Internet access – LAN in the rooms? I didn’t even bother. Internet services are a bit hit or miss, so plan your Zoom calls accordingly. The public Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi in public areas) was more reliable, but still… Come on, Leonardo, sort this out!

Food & Drink: A Mixed Bag (But Mostly Tasty)

The restaurant offerings? Okay, here’s where things get interesting.

  • Breakfast [buffet]: Pretty standard buffet, but the Asian breakfast option was a pleasant surprise. You can get the Western breakfast too. Bacon, eggs, the usual suspects. No complaints, but nothing to write home about except for my own personal preference. Food was well prepared, but nothing that would make you get up for the night during your sleep.

  • Lunch/Dinner: There's an A la carte in restaurant which allows for alternative meal arrangement. The Asian cuisine in restaurant was tasty, and the menu had a nice selection overall, but I would had loved it if they had vegetarian restaurant options which they did. You can also find a salad in restaurant if you are having a lighter meal or want to balance your diet.

  • Drinks: The Bar is a nice spot for a pre-dinner drink or a nightcap. Happy hour is a bonus, so definitely ask! Poolside bar if you’re lucky enough to catch some sun.

  • Room service [24-hour]: Bless them for the room service [24-hour]. Especially after one too many drams of whisky (more on that later!). Bottle of water is a nice touch.

Things to Do (and Ways to Relax): Oh, Yes, Please!

Now, this is where the Leonardo Hotel Murrayfield shines!

  • Ways to relax: In the heart of murrayfield, you will never miss this important aspect.
  • Fitness center: if you are a person that is very conscious about your fitness regime.
  • Pool with view: the main attraction in the hotel that offers a lovely feeling as you watch the sunset.
  • Sauna: If you are looking for a long, warm sweat
  • Spa: A very important addition that most people will appreciate.
  • Steamroom: For a more intense workout, the steam room is just a step away from the sauna.
  • Swimming pool: Just in case you want to relax from a long day of walking.
  • Swimming pool [outdoor]: If you are the type of person who loves the sun, go for it.
  • Massage: What better way to unwind than a long massage.
  • Body scrub: A great way to remove all of that dead skin.
  • Body wrap: Another great way that helps to keep your skin well.
  • Spa/sauna: What a great combination.

Cleanliness & Safety: Feeling Secure (and a Few Quirks…)

  • Cleanliness and safety: The CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, fire extinguisher, front desk [24-hour], non-smoking rooms, safety/security feature, security [24-hour], smoke alarms, and soundproof rooms made me feel very secure.
  • Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, hand sanitizer, hot water linen and laundry washing, hygiene certification, individually-wrapped food options, physical distancing of at least 1 meter, professional-grade sanitizing services, room sanitization opt-out available, rooms sanitized between stays, safe dining setup, sanitized kitchen and tableware items, staff trained in safety protocol, and sterilizing equipment - all these are amazing.
  • Okay, this is important. Edinburgh can be a bit… quirky. But the hotel seemed to be doing its best with Cashless payment service, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], and other measures. I felt safe.

Getting Around: Easy Peasy (Mostly)

  • Airport transfer: Very helpful for a smooth arrival/departure.
  • Bicycle parking: Nice touch if you're feeling energetic.
  • Car park [free of charge]: Always a bonus.
  • Airport transfer.

Things That Made Me Grin (and a Few Glitches)

  • The Staff: Honestly, the best thing about this hotel. Always helpful, always smiling. They really make the place feel welcoming. Especially the lady at breakfast who remembered my (very specific) coffee order after day one. You’re a star!
  • The Location: Brilliant. Close enough to the city center for easy access but far enough away for peace and quiet.
  • A Small Problem: Once, my room key wouldn't work. Minor inconvenience fixed quickly. Stuff happens.
  • The Unexpected: One evening, there was a traditional Scottish band playing in the bar. Absolutely brilliant! (Perfect for soaking up the local culture, and a few pints of local ale.)

The Verdict:

Look, the Leonardo Hotel Murrayfield isn’t perfect. There are minor niggles, as there always are. But overall, it's a solid choice for an Edinburgh escape. Clean, comfy, well-located, and with a genuinely friendly staff. You'll struggle to find a better bang for your buck.

My Recommendation (And a Compelling Offer to Tempt You):

Book Now & Get the Edinburgh Buzz! Forget generic hotel stays. This is a basecamp for experiencing Edinburgh!

FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY:

  • Get 20% discount on your stay!
  • Free Breakfast: Fuel your adventures with a complimentary traditional Scottish breakfast each morning!
  • Exclusive Whiskey Tasting: A guided tasting for two – learn about the history and taste of Scotland’s finest whiskies. (This is where the real magic happens, folks!)
  • Late Check-Out: Sleep in a little longer and savor those final moments in your luxurious room.
  • **Unbeatable Edinburgh Experiences
Escape to Paradise: Stunning Bibione Beachfront Apartment!

Book Now

Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh Murrayfield Edinburgh United Kingdom

Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh Murrayfield Edinburgh United Kingdom

My Edinburgh Adventure (Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Haggis) - A Totally Unfiltered Itinerary

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn’t your average dry-as-a-toast travel brochure. This is my Edinburgh, warts and all. I'm staying at the Leonardo Hotel in Murrayfield, and honestly, the sheer promise of fluffy hotel towels already has me sold. Let's see if the reality lives up to the hype…

PRE-TRIP ANTICIPATION (aka: Obsessive Online Googling & Packing Panic)

  • Weeks Before: My brain becomes a swirling vortex of "Edinburgh Castle!" and "Whiskey Tours!". I'm basically a walking, talking Scottish Wikipedia entry at this point. Booking flights felt like a Herculean task involving budget airlines, airport transfers, and the existential dread of forgetting my toothbrush. I opted for the budget airline, and the toothbrush, of course, was a casualty.
  • Days Before: Packing. Oh. Dear. God. Packing. I’m convinced I’ll need every single item of clothing I own, including that sequined jumpsuit from 2008 (just in case, you know, there's a spontaneous ceilidh). The suitcase inevitably weighs approximately the same as a small car.

DAY 1: Arrival, Initial Hotel Hype, and the Quest for Real Food

  • Morning (or, the Great Airport Escape): Landed in Edinburgh! Jet lag is already doing its thing, making everything look slightly surreal. The airport signage is charming, but slightly confusing after a five-hour plane ride, so I ended up wandering in circles for a good ten minutes before finally finding the bus to the city center. This is the first hurdle, and it was already a clumsy one.

  • Afternoon: Check-in & Hotel Assessment: Finally arrived at the Leonardo. First impressions? Clean, comfy, and the promised fluffy towels. Victory! The room is a decent size, the view? Well, let's just say it's not exactly rolling hills and castles, but hey, I'm not complaining. The only immediate concern is the inexplicable lack of a decent coffee machine. Note to self: Investigate this situation immediately. I want caffeinated adventure, Scotland!

  • Early Evening: Food Acquisition – A Mission: My stomach is an angry beast. I'm starving. Time for a proper Scottish pub meal. I stumbled (mostly) into a place called "The Murrayfield Hotel" (convenient, right?). Ordered a plate of fish and chips with a pint of local ale, feeling like a proper local. The fish was… okay, the ale? Divine! It washed away the bus stresses.

  • Evening: First impressions of Edinburgh: I am wandering around, mostly aimlessly, but utterly charmed. The buildings are beautifully grey, the accents are lovely (even though I struggle to understand half of what people are saying), and the air smells different. It's a good different though.

DAY 2: Castle Clambering, Whisky Wonders, and a Near-Disaster with a Deep-Fried Mars Bar

  • Morning: Conquering Edinburgh Castle (Maybe): Edinburgh Castle. The big one. The reason everyone comes here. It's impressive. Seriously, the sheer scale of it is breathtaking. Wandering around, feeling like a slightly bewildered extra in a historical drama. The views of the city are incredible. I spent way too long staring out at the city.

    • Anecdote: Got hopelessly lost trying to find the Crown Jewels. Ended up in a random room filled with dusty suits of armor. Briefly considered trying one on, until I remembered I'm a clumsy butterfingers. Probably for the best.
  • Midday: Whiskey Time! (Yay!) Found a delightful Whisky tour! I love Whiskey. I'm also a lightweight. But I learned about the history, the process, and yes, I tasted a few.

    • Emotional Reaction: I swear, by the third dram, the world gained a new deliciousness! I was relaxed, feeling all the warmth, and happy to sip and talk. The tour guide was a gem, and I could tell he loved what he did.
  • Afternoon: Royal Mile Rambles & Souvenir Shenanigans: Royal Mile. Tourist central. Overwhelming, loud, and packed with people. However, I was able to discover some truly amazing treasures. The "Wee Jimmy" gift shop was a particular highlight. The staff was delightful, and I was able to find souvenirs for the family, and a few for myself. Okay, a lot for myself.

  • Evening: The Deep-Fried Mars Bar Debacle: A friend insisted. "You have to try it!" I braced myself. A Mars bar, battered and deep-fried. The verdict? Interesting. The inside was all warm gooey sweetness, but it was just so bizarre. After taking a bite, I felt a mix of excitement and nausea. Halfway through, I declared defeat. My stomach has limits.

DAY 3: Holyroodhouse, Arthur's Seat, and the Search for the Perfect Scone

  • Morning: Holyrood Palace and Abbey Ruins: Visited Holyrood Palace, saw where the Queen hangs out when she visits, and tried (and failed) to imagine myself as royalty. The ruins of Holyrood Abbey are hauntingly beautiful. You look at the places, and the history just smacks you in the face.

  • Afternoon: Arthur's Seat…Attempted Ascent: Right, Arthur's Seat. The big hill. I decided I was fit. I’m not. I started off with gusto, taking in the views of the city, and enjoying the scenery. Halfway up, I was panting like a walrus. My legs were screaming. I might have stopped to catch my breath a few… times.

    • Anecdote: Got overtaken by a small child and their grandmother. Humiliating, but inspiring. I kept telling myself, “just a little further, just a little further.”
  • Late Afternoon: The Perfect Scone Quest: After that climb? Needed a scone. A serious scone investigation began. I tried three different cafes, each with its own unique take. The first was dry, the second was over-sweetened, but the third… oh, the third. It was warm, buttery, and perfect. I savored every single bite. Mission accomplished!

  • Evening: Dinner, a Bit of Pub Crawling, and Reflections: Found a smaller, more local pub for dinner. Amazing food, good company, and the right amount of beer. Felt strangely at home.

    • Rambling Reflection: Edinburgh has done something to me. It's a city that gets under your skin. From the grand castles to the cozy pubs, it's got a spirit all its own. Already, I feel that this is not "goodbye," but "see you later."

DAY 4: Departure (And a Grudging Acceptance of Reality)

  • Morning: Last-Minute Souvenir Dash & Final Hotel Goodbye: One last scramble to grab a few more gifts (more for myself, let's be honest!), and one final, prolonged stare at the fluffy hotel towels.
  • Afternoon: Farewell, Edinburgh!: Heading to the airport. A melancholy feeling settles in but promises to stay in touch. I'll be back. Definitely.

Overall Impression:

Edinburgh, you glorious, slightly chaotic, history-soaked gem. You’ve worn me down with your hills, your unpredictable weather, and your deep-fried confectioneries. But you’ve also charmed me with your beauty, and your warmth. I laughed, I cried (mostly from the climb of Arhtur's Seat), I learned, and I ate way too many scones. And I wouldn't have it any other way. Slàinte mhath! (That's "cheers" in Scottish. I'm basically fluent now.)

Indonesian Paradise Found: Wisma Kencana Guesthouse in Surakarta!

Book Now

Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh Murrayfield Edinburgh United Kingdom

Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh Murrayfield Edinburgh United Kingdom

Edinburgh Escape at the Leonardo Murrayfield: So, You Wanna Know The Real Deal? (Prepare for Rambling...)

Okay, spill the tea. Is the Leonardo Murrayfield *really* a luxurious escape, or just a fancy-looking hotel? Because let's be honest, Google lies sometimes...

Alright, alright, settle down, Sherlock. Luxury? That's a loaded word, innit? Let's just say this: it's no Balmoral, you know? No champagne fountains cascading down crystal staircases. 🤣 But... (and there's always a "but," isn't there?) ... it's *pretty* darn good. Think comfortable, clean, modern. The rooms, most importantly, were HUGE. I mean, I practically did cartwheels (okay, maybe just a clumsy lurch) when I saw the space after being squished in a tiny London shoebox the week before. BIG difference! That, my friends, is worth its weight in haggis.

The lobby? Nicely done, yeah. But I have this weird thing where I judge hotels partly on how good the *smell* is. Sounds bizarre, I know. But if it smells of stale air and despair, I'm out. This one? Smelled… pleasantly neutral, maybe a hint of cleaning products. Which, frankly, is a win in my book.

What's the deal with this "Murrayfield" location? Is it, like, in the middle of nowhere? (Asking for a friend who hates buses...and walking uphill...)

Okay, location. This is where it gets… interesting. Murrayfield is definitely NOT the heart of the action. It's a bit… residential? Nice residential, mind you. And it's *right beside* Murrayfield Stadium. So, if you're a rugby fanatic, *you've hit the jackpot, mate!* If not? Well, less "heart of the action," more "convenient tram ride to the heart of the action."

The tram is a lifesaver. Seriously. It takes about 10-15 minutes to get into Princes Street, which is where you want to be for the Castle, shopping, and general Edinburgh vibes. The walk *back* from the tram stop to the hotel is… a little further than I initially thought. Turns out, my friend, it involves a slight uphill climb. Which, after a day of exploring, and possibly a few too many pints, can *feel* like climbing Everest. Consider it a free workout. 😂

The food! Don't leave me hanging! What was the grub like? (Because I'm more of a "carb-obsessed ravenous beast" than a "refined foodie"...)

Ah, yes, the fuel! Okay, let's be honest. The breakfast buffet was… standard hotel buffet fare. Think: scrambled eggs, sausage (which, admittedly, tasted pretty decent), some sad-looking pastries, and a machine that dispensed coffee that managed to simultaneously be weak and bitter. My first morning, I was *starving*. So I piled my plate high with everything. BAD idea. Over-ate. Spent half the morning regretting my life choices. 😂

But! They had a toaster. And toast, with butter. And that, sometimes, is all you need in this crazy, mixed-up world. They also, and I'm being serious here, had a decent selection of jams. Which, for this jam-loving gal, was a major win.

Room service? Yay or nay? (Because sometimes, you just wanna eat pizza in your pajamas and watch utter rubbish on TV...)

Okay, room service… I didn't actually *get* room service. I chickened out. I blame my inner cheapskate. But the menu looked… promising! Pizzas, burgers, all the good stuff. But I found myself, on one particular evening, wandering down the street. Let me tell you about this pizza place, it was called "Pizza Paradise" and it was quite possibly the best pizza I've ever eaten. I got the meat feast (obvs) and it was glorious. Absolutely glorious. So, my recommendation: embrace the local food scene... even if it means venturing a few paces from your hotel.

Anything I should REALLY know before booking? Secret tips, hidden pitfalls? Dish the dirt!

Okay, here's the lowdown, unvarnished. Number one: the walls are *maybe* a tad thin. I could hear someone snoring in the next room. (No judgment, we all do it, right?). Pack earplugs. Seriously. Number two: The bar. It's perfectly fine. Not exactly a roaring hot spot of Edinburgh nightlife. Think more "quiet pint before bed" than "wild party." Number three: Don't be afraid to explore! Edinburgh is an amazing city. Go out. Get lost. Experience it! Don't just huddle in your fancy hotel room. (Unless, you know, you're really enjoying the room. In which case, carry on!)

Okay, final verdict: Would you stay there again? (Be honest, I can handle the truth!)

Hmm… would I? Yeah, probably. It's comfortable, clean, and the tram is a godsend. It's not the height of luxury, let's be clear, but it's a solid choice. It's especially excellent if you're going to see a rugby game, or are a seasoned tram-rider. Now, if you're looking for a truly *unforgettable* experience… might want to save your pennies and look elsewhere. But, for a decent, hassle-free Edinburgh escape? Absolutely. Just don't expect room service to knock your socks off. 😉

Instant Hotel Search

Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh Murrayfield Edinburgh United Kingdom

Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh Murrayfield Edinburgh United Kingdom

Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh Murrayfield Edinburgh United Kingdom

Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh Murrayfield Edinburgh United Kingdom