Thompson, MB's BEST Kept Secret: Quality Inn & Suites Awaits!

Quality Inn & Suites Thompson Thompson (MB) Canada

Quality Inn & Suites Thompson Thompson (MB) Canada

Thompson, MB's BEST Kept Secret: Quality Inn & Suites Awaits!

Thompson's BEST Kept Secret? Let's Spill the Beans on the Quality Inn & Suites! (Get Ready, It’s a Wild Ride)

Alright, folks, buckle up buttercups! I’ve just emerged from a stay at the Quality Inn & Suites in Thompson, MB, and let me tell you, it's not exactly what you'd expect in the middle of Manitoba. Let's dive in, shall we? This review is gonna be less "hotel brochure" and more "honest gut reaction." Consider this your survival guide, and your warning.

Accessibility? Yeah, They Tried. (Mostly Good, But…)

Okay, important stuff first. Accessibility is a big deal, and the Quality Inn & Suites seemed to make an effort. They definitely have wheelchair accessibility, and that's a HUGE plus. They list facilities for disabled guests, and that's reassuring. Elevator? Check. But look, sometimes the devil's in the details. I didn't personally need full-on accessibility, but glancing around, some areas seemed a bit… tight. Not a dealbreaker, but something to maybe double-check if you absolutely need it. They have some things right, that's what matters.

Cleanliness and Safety: Did They Really Do All That? (Holy Moley)

Lord have mercy, they've gone to TOWN on safety protocols. The Anti-viral cleaning products, the Daily disinfection in common areas, the Room sanitization between stays, the Professional-grade sanitizing services… it’s like living in a freshly-scrubbed bubble! Honestly, it's a LOT. I almost felt too safe. I mean, the hand sanitizer stations were everywhere, and they have individually-wrapped food options. This isn't a complaint. It's just… overwhelming. They even had hygiene certification on display. Like, okay, Quality Inn, you've convinced me, I am clean! They even said they've removed shared stationery, THANK GOD, cause I've seen some of those pens. And they also had a doctor/nurse on call if you started to panic about a germ, and I can't lie: I almost did.

Rooms: Your Cozy (or Not-So-Cozy) Thompson Hideaway

Okay, let's talk rooms. The Wi-Fi [free] was a godsend, thank you, WiFi gods! The air conditioning was pumping (essential for those Manitoba summers!), with blackout curtains that actually worked. My desk was functional. The mirror (I mean, you need one, right?). I had a refrigerator which made my late night snack runs a-okay! I got my complimentary tea on, cause I was a civilized being.

Buuut… (brace yourself, here come the imperfections) my room’s window that opens? Stuck. And the décor? Let's just say, "functional" and "stylish" are not necessarily synonyms. The slippers were, I'm going to guess, not included. The hair dryer was a beast that took an hour to reach it's point, and I might as well have been using a leaf blower.

Now, there are plenty of positives. I mean, air conditioning is a life saver! And the bathrobes? Okay, I didn't see any. But, hey, you'll survive!

Dining: Fueling Up in the North (Emphasis on "Fueling")

Okay, I'll be honest. The breakfast [buffet] left something to be desired. Let's just say I'm not sure if they have a restaurant, or like 3 butlers waiting on tables. I’d heard there was buffet in restaurant, which is not exactly my style. (Let's be real, I skipped it). There IS a coffee shop, and I think there's coffee/tea in restaurant (couldn't find one), I did end up grabbing some bottle of water. But honestly, the dining situation felt a little… thin. I think the bar was open? I didn't actually go in. I can tell it's a breakfast service.

Services and Conveniences: The Helpful Stuff (And the Weird Stuff)

Free Car Park [on-site]? YES! That's a win. Laundry service? Always welcome. Daily housekeeping? Bless their little hearts, they're working hard. They had a concierge and luggage storage, which is actually pretty great. Plus, a convenience store for those emergency chocolate cravings.

But then there are the quirks. A gift/souvenir shop (I’m there for the adventure, not the tchotchkes, sorry hotel!). A weird, out of place shrine (okay, I'm not touching that one with a 10-foot pole). And the hotel chain, the entire place still has me wondering who runs this show.

Things to Do (Besides Wondering If There’s a Yeti):

Okay, Thompson isn't exactly Times Square. But! The hotel does offer some perks. They have a fitness center and a gym/fitness that I'd love to visit. As well as a spa/sauna which I didn't use, but hey, maybe you will! You can also find a pool with view which I wasn't able to witness, and a swimming pool [outdoor].

Overall Feeling?

Look, the Quality Inn & Suites in Thompson isn't the Four Seasons. It's not trying to be. What it is is a clean, well-equipped place to hunker down in the middle of the wilderness. They're clearly putting in the effort to keep things safe, which is super important. If you're looking for a reliable base camp for your Thompson adventures, you could do a lot worse. It's got its quirks, sure, but it's got a certain charm, a certain… Manitoba-ness. You'll do fine.

SEO-tastic keywords: (Okay, time to juice this thing up for the search engines)

  • Thompson MB Hotels
  • Quality Inn & Suites Thompson
  • Wheelchair accessible hotel Thompson
  • Free Wi-Fi Thompson
  • Restaurant in Thompson MB
  • Pool hotel Thompson
  • Family friendly hotel Thompson
  • Hotel with breakfast Thompson
  • Airport transfer Thompson
  • Things to do in Thompson
  • Spa hotel Thompson

My Hot-Off-The-Press Offer (And Why You Might Book):

The "Thompson Survival Pack" Deal – Quality Inn & Suites Edition!

Book your stay at the Quality Inn & Suites in Thompson, MB and receive:

  • Guaranteed clean room: Breathe easy knowing their sanitation is top-notch.
  • Fuel up for the day: Limited breakfast, (Maybe?) You get coffee, and you get to wake up!
  • Free Wi-Fi: Because escaping the real world requires streaming.
  • Free parking: Save your money for the adventure.
  • 10% off your next stay: If you didn't die during your first visit.

Why book? Because you're heading into the wilderness. You need a safe, clean space. And because, honestly, you need somewhere to laugh at the quirks. This deal is for the adventurous, the practical, and the ones who appreciate a little bit of real in their travel experiences.

Click here to book your Thompson adventure!

Escape to Paradise: Lam Anh Hotel, Your Dalat Dream Awaits

Book Now

Quality Inn & Suites Thompson Thompson (MB) Canada

Quality Inn & Suites Thompson Thompson (MB) Canada

Okay, buckle up, buttercup. This isn't your pristine, perfectly-planned itinerary. This is… well, this is me trying to wrangle a trip to the Quality Inn & Suites in Thompson, Manitoba, and my brain. Let's see how this glorious disaster unfolds.

Thompson, Manitoba: A Quest for (Maybe) Adventure (or at least Decent Coffee)

Day 1: Arrival and Existential Dread in the Parking Lot

  • 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: The Long Haul (and the bladder of a small child). Fly into Thompson. Ugh, airports. I swear, they strip away all your dignity before you even get to the gate. Let's just say the flight was less "smooth sailing" and more "turbulent existential questions about the meaning of life and why airline peanuts exist." Got my bags (miracle!), grabbed a rental car (thank god for autopilot, I was starting to see faces in the clouds).
  • 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM: The Drive to the Promised Land (Quality Inn & Suites) Drive to the hotel. Not a scenic route. Just… long, flat, and punctuated by the occasional "Where am I, even?" moment. But hey, the car radio finally picked up a decent station! Progress.
  • 3:30 PM - 4:00 PM: Check-in, Questionable Carpet, and the Hunger Monster. Arrive at Quality Inn & Suites. Check-in. The front desk person was… pleasant. The lobby carpet, not so much. Looked like it had seen some… things. Things I didn't want to know about. Immediate need for a snack. And possibly therapy.
  • 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Unpacking and a Moment of Truth. Unpack. Survey the room. Okay, not bad. A little… beige. But the bed looks comfy. Maybe, just maybe, I can survive this. Realize I forgot the travel-sized shampoo. Ugh. The small details I always mess up.
  • 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner Debacle (or, How I Ate a Microwave Meal and Regretted Everything). The restaurant options seemed… limited. Went for a microwaved meal I bought and ate it in my room. I’m sure it wasn't the best meal of my life. Honestly, it was probably the worst meal of my life, but I was tired, hungry, and didn’t feel like getting dressed again for another round of exploring.
  • 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: The Quest for Coffee (and a Mental Break). Thompson time changed? Yes, Thompson time changed. Not sure when, but time, it seems, doesn't matter anymore. I decided to order coffee. Yes, I will leave the room for the hotel’s coffee maker. Yes, there was a chance of more bad carpeting. The things I do for coffee.
  • 9:00 PM - Bedtime: Scrolling and Contemplating the Existence of Moose. Bedtime, finally. Lay in bed, scrolling through my phone. Contemplating the likelihood of seeing a moose. Actually, kind of hoping TO see a moose. Moose are cool. The internet seemed to agree. Drift off to sleep, dreaming of… well, probably moose.

Day 2: Embracing the Weird (or Just Trying to Find the Grocery Store)

  • 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM: The Morning Struggle (and the Questionable Hotel Breakfast). Wake up. The coffee was… coffee. Not great, not terrible. The hotel breakfast was… well, it was free. That’s all there is to say.
  • 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: The Hunt for Retail Therapy. I decided to venture out. And by venture out, I mean attempt to leave the room. It was an adventure.
  • 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Exploring the Town (and the Locals). Went for a drive. Saw some interesting things. A lot of open space. People are friendly, which is nice. Started getting the feeling that I don’t know the best way to spend my time on this trip.
  • 11:00 AM - 12:00: Lunch (Hopefully Without Regret). Found a restaurant. Ordered something… vaguely edible. Starting to question my food choices again. This trip is making me very self-aware of my eating habits.
  • 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Attempting to Function (and Possibly See a Moose). Decide a proper walk is needed. The air is so fresh! Maybe I'll go see the river. Maybe I’ll see a moose. Still no moose. Starting to get discouraged about the moose situation.
  • 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: The Pool Dilemma (Or, Should I, or Shouldn't I?). The hotel has a pool. It’s… tempting. But also, public pools are a minefield of germs and questionable chlorine levels. I think I'll pass.
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Dinner Shenanigans (Take Two). Ordering in? Driving somewhere? Reheating something? I'll decide later.
  • 6:00 PM - Bedtime: Second Guessing All Life Choices. I am on my bed, watching TV, eating snacks, and second-guessing my life choices as if this is what I have to do. Decide "meh" is the vibe for today.

Day 3: The Home Stretch (and the Lingering Question of the Moose)

  • 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Waking Up and Wondering. More coffee.
  • 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Actually Going to the Visitor Center. Ask about moose sightings. Learn about the history of Thompson. Get slightly excited about the prospect of leaving.
  • 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Last Lunch. Another bland meal. Thinking about the next meal.
  • 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Packing Up & Departure. Pack. Prepare the car. Wave goodbye to the Quality Inn & Suites.
  • 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: The Drive Home. Drive to the airport. Get on the plane. Think about the trip. Didn't see a moose. But hey, I survived.
  • 5:00 PM - "Whenever": Home. Land. Back to real life. Where I can finally get a decent cup of coffee. And maybe, just maybe, start planning my next trip… if I’m not scarred for life.

So, there you have it. A gloriously imperfect travel plan. Will I find adventure? Will I see a moose? Will I finally understand the appeal of beige? Tune in next time, on My Life is a Travelogue I Didn't Ask For.

Dagon 2 Crikvenica: Croatia's SHOCKING New Attraction!

Book Now

Quality Inn & Suites Thompson Thompson (MB) Canada

Quality Inn & Suites Thompson Thompson (MB) Canada

Okay, spill the tea: What's Thompson, MB, *really* like? And more importantly, why would I stay at the Quality Inn & Suites?

Alright, buckle up buttercup, because Thompson. Manitoba. Is... an experience. Think of it as a big, friendly, frosty, and slightly mysterious small town dropped right in the middle of the Canadian Shield. The air? Crisp. The wildlife? You’ve got a better chance of seeing a moose than a Starbucks. And the isolation? Let’s just say a weekend trip to the grocery store feels like a pilgrimage.

Now, why the Quality Inn & Suites? Look, after a day spent battling blackflies (they're relentless, I swear!), or navigating a snowmobile trail that seems to go on forever, trust me, creature comforts become *essential*. I walked in there once covered in mud from a failed attempt at "nature photography" (it mostly involved me faceplanting into a bog), and honest to god, the warm, inviting lobby felt like a freaking oasis. Plus, the breakfast buffet? Dude, the breakfast buffet is LEGIT. That waffle maker saved my life. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a *little*. But the point is, it's a solid basecamp. And honestly, after a day on the road, a comfortable bed and a good coffee machine? That's all I need.

Is the Quality Inn & Suites actually *nice*? Like, "clean sheets, good water pressure" nice?

Let's get real. "Nice" is subjective. What are your expectations? Because you're not gonna find luxury. This isn’t the Ritz. But is it clean? Absolutely. I've never encountered anything *questionable* there. The housekeeping staff seem to genuinely care. The water pressure? Solid. Hot water? Always. And after a long day, trust me, that hot shower is the ultimate reward.

One time, I was there during a… well, let’s call it a "rough patch" in my life. Needed to get away, you know? And honestly, just having a clean, quiet room to retreat to felt like a lifeline. The staff? Friendly, helpful. They don't pry, either. That's important when you're feeling vulnerable. They just… *were there*, ready with extra towels or a friendly smile at breakfast. So, yeah, "nice" in the sense of a reliable, welcoming, clean place? Absolutely. It's not fancy, but it's comfortable, and that's sometimes more important than all the bells and whistles.

What are the rooms like? Are there any "must-have" room types?

The rooms are… comfortable. Good size. Standard, but clean and well-maintained. They have pretty much everything a weary traveler needs: TVs, coffee makers, reliable Wi-Fi (a *must* in this isolated area!).

As for must-have rooms… Honestly, it depends. If you’re traveling with kids? The suites, with a separate living area and often a pull-out sofa, are a lifesaver. They give you some space to actually NOT feel like you're living in a sardine can. Also, if you get a room on the upper floors? Better views. Not that there’s a *ton* to see, but… whatever, it feels better. Avoid rooms near the elevator, though. Trust me. Elevator noise, even a small amount, gets old fast at 3 AM. Been there, done that, cursed the elevator.

Okay, let's talk breakfast. Is it worth getting out of bed for? I'm all about the free food...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YES! Get your butt OUT of bed! The breakfast buffet is a THING. A glorious, carb-loaded THING. Think: waffles, eggs (scrambled, omelets, even sometimes, that weird sausage roll), cereal, fruit, bagels… It’s not Michelin-star cooking, but it's plentiful, it's hot, and it's free. And sometimes... sometimes you just need a waffle. Don't judge me.

I remember this one time… (and this is a total ramble, sorry!)… I was in Thompson on a work project, and the pressure was *insane*. Miles away from my family, stressed to the max. I literally dragged myself down to that breakfast bar every single morning, barely able to look at anyone, and just… *ate*. And that waffle maker, that humble little machine, was my friend. It was a warm, reliable friend, dispensing golden, crispy circles of happiness. It sounds ridiculous, I know. A waffle? But in that moment, in that place, it was everything. It was a tiny piece of normal. The coffee was pretty decent too. So, yeah, the breakfast buffet? Absolutely worth it. Go for the waffles. You won't regret it. (And grab an extra napkin. Things can get messy.)

Anything else I should know before booking? Any hidden gems or unexpected cons?

Okay, here's the unvarnished truth.

Hidden Gems:

  • The staff are genuinely friendly. Seriously. They've seen a lot of people come through, and they're usually pretty good at reading the room.
  • The location is convenient. Close to… well, everything in Thompson. Which isn’t saying much, but it is *convenient*.
  • The parking is free, and there’s usually enough space. Because let's face it, parking is a big deal.

Unexpected Cons (and let's be honest):

  • Thompson itself... well, it's not exactly a tourist mecca. Don't expect dazzling nightlife or a plethora of dining options. Plan ahead for your entertainment!
  • The elevators (mentioned previously). Just avoid them.
  • Sometimes, the Wi-Fi can be a little… spotty. Embrace the digital detox.
  • The view. It's… okay. Remember, you're in Northern Manitoba. Don't expect ocean views.

Final thought? The Quality Inn & Suites in Thompson does what it's supposed to do: provide a comfortable, clean, and convenient basecamp. It might not be glamorous, but it's honest. And sometimes, that's exactly what you need. Just… please, for the love of all that is holy, grab an extra waffle for me.

Jet Set Hotels

Quality Inn & Suites Thompson Thompson (MB) Canada

Quality Inn & Suites Thompson Thompson (MB) Canada

Quality Inn & Suites Thompson Thompson (MB) Canada

Quality Inn & Suites Thompson Thompson (MB) Canada