
Mathura's Hidden Gem: Hotel Tushar Residency - Unbelievable Deals!
Hotel Tushar Residency: Mathura's Hidden Gem (Deals That’ll Make You Say "Hare Krishna!") - A Truthful, Unvarnished Review
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to take you on a rollercoaster ride of my experience at Hotel Tushar Residency in Mathura. Forget the glossy brochure promises, this is the real deal. And let me tell you… it's got its quirks. But, for the price? Unbelievable is right.
Booking & First Impressions (The Good, The Confusing, and the "Oh, That's India!")
First off, the "Unbelievable Deals!" tagline isn't kidding around. I stumbled upon Tushar Residency while hunting for something a little different, a little… less cookie-cutter than your average chain hotel. And boy, did I find it. Booking was easy online, but the confirmation email? Let's just say it was… concise. There were a few moments where I questioned if I had actually booked anything at all. But, hey, that's part of the adventure, right?
Arriving in Mathura, a city overflowing with color, chaos, and the constant scent of incense (I love it, by the way), the hotel was surprisingly easy to find. The building itself? Well, it's not winning any architectural awards, but it’s clean, functional, and, crucially, incredibly well-located. Close to the main sights, but just far enough away to escape the absolute madness of the streets.
Accessibility & Safety (Keeping it Real)
Accessibility: Okay, so this isn’t the most wheelchair-friendly place I've ever stayed. There is an elevator, which is a huge plus, but navigating the corridors might be a bit tight. (Accessibility, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests). But let's be honest, Mathura itself isn't exactly built for smooth rolling.
Cleanliness and Safety: I’m a germaphobe, I admit it. But I was surprisingly impressed. (Cleanliness and safety, Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Rooms sanitized between stays, Staff trained in safety protocol). Sanitizer was everywhere. And I really appreciated the little touches like the (Individually-wrapped food options). And, even better, they gave us a bottle of water. Free bottled water! My cynical side was expecting a hard sell for the bottle but it's actually free.
Safety Features: I felt completely safe, too. (CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Non-smoking rooms, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms). The 24-hour security team was a constant presence, and even though I’m not the most paranoid person, it was reassuring.
Rooms & Amenities (The Practical Bits)
My room was a total mixed bag. (Available in all rooms: Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens). The (Air conditioning) was a godsend in the Mathura heat. The (Blackout curtains) were perfect for sleeping off that jet lag. And the (Free Wi-Fi)? Worked surprisingly well. Seriously, I was worried about the speed of it. But even for a video call, it was perfect.
However, the (bathroom)… well, let's just say it was… compact. The water pressure was a little uneven, and the toiletries were basic. But hey, for the price, I wasn't expecting a spa experience in my own room. Besides, the (slippers) were amazing.. And the (bathtub)? Look, I didn't use it. But there was one!
Dining, Drinking & Snacking (Food Glorious Food… Mostly!)
The dining situation at Tushar Residency is… interesting. (Dining, drinking, and snacking, A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant).
The (breakfast buffet) was included, which was a massive bonus. There was a decent selection of Indian and Western options. The (Asian breakfast) was a delight, but the (Western breakfast) was a bit… basic, honestly, but the coffee was surprisingly good. The (coffee shop) was a nice touch, but the bar? Well, it's there. And the (room service [24-hour]) was a lifesaver after a long day of temple hopping.
I spent one afternoon by the (Poolside bar). And that's where things took a turn. It wasn't just the setting, the friendly staff, or the fact that I ordered a "Mohito" (I meant Mojito). It was the whole vibe. This is where I had my "moment." You know, the kind of moment where you just get it – the heat, the smells, the sounds… the chaotic beauty of India. Pure, unadulterated bliss.
Services & Conveniences (The Little Extras That Matter)
Tushar Residency goes above and beyond to make your stay comfortable. (Services and conveniences, Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center).
The (concierge) was super helpful with arranging taxis and recommending local restaurants. The (daily housekeeping) was efficient and thorough, and I especially appreciated the (elevator). They offered (currency exchange), which was handy. And the (laundry service) was a life-saver after all the dust and grime of the city.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax (Spa? Fitness Center? Maybe…)
Okay, so here's where things get a little… limited. (Things to do, ways to relax, Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]). There's a (swimming pool), which looked inviting, but I didn't actually use it. There's no gym, no spa, and, well, relaxation options are a bit thin on the ground. But let's be honest, you're in Mathura! The entire city is a sensory overload of things to do and see. Step outside, and you're already in the adventure zone.
For the Kiddos (Family-Friendly Vibes… Somewhat)
(For the kids, Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal). The hotel is definitely (family/child friendly), but I didn't see any specific (kids facilities). There's a (babysitting service) available, which is useful.
The Verdict: A Quirky Gem Worth Discovering
Look, Hotel Tushar Residency isn't perfect. It's not the Ritz-Carlton. And it's not pretending to be. But what it is is a clean, comfortable, and incredibly well-located hotel with unbeatable deals. It's got charm and character in spades. It provides all the basics, and then some.
The Anecdote: One morning, the staff were incredibly excited to give me fruit. They'd set up a small plate with two mango slices and some other items. That, by itself, was adorable. However, the next morning, they served up even more. It felt like a celebration. One of those moments with that unmistakable Indian charm.
My Recommendation:
Book it. Seriously. If you're looking for a budget-friendly base of operations while exploring
Escape to Paradise: Whistler's Four Seasons Awaits
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious, chaotic mess that is my potential trip to Hotel Tushar Residency in Mathura, India. Forget those sterile, perfect itineraries – this is the real deal, the pre-trip jitters, the unexpected delights, and the probable disasters all rolled into one glorious hot mess.
Project: Mathura Mayhem (and hopefully serenity… maybe)
Accommodation: Hotel Tushar Residency (Fingers crossed it looks like the photos online. Pray for AC that actually works.)
Day 1: Arrival and Astonishment (Probably)
- Morning (6:00 AM - or whenever I can actually drag myself out of bed): Wake up in a cold sweat because I forgot to pack socks. Again. Cue frantic rummaging. Coffee. Lots of it. This is crucial.
- Mid-morning (9:00 AM -ish): Taxi to the airport. Pray the traffic gods are with me. I'm usually late. I'm always late. That's just me.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - maybe?) Flight. Attempt to relax. Fail. Obsessively check flight status. Stare out the window, imagining the fields of India rushing by. Start drafting my first blog post – probably something hilariously self-deprecating.
- Evening (5:00 PM - Praying for a smooth landing): Arrive in Delhi! Or, you know, attempt to. Airport chaos. Navigating immigration – hopefully, I haven't accidentally brought any forbidden items. Get a car to Mathura. The drive… the drive. I hear it’s a sensory overload in the best possible way. Try to contain my excitement. Probably fail.
- Night (8:00 PM - Hopefully at Hotel Tushar Residency): Check-in. Breathe a sigh of relief if the room looks even remotely like the pictures. Inspect the AC. Pray again. Order room service or, if I’m feeling brave, venture out. First Indian dinner! Oh, the anticipation! I'm imagining a spicy, aromatic explosion of flavors. Prepare for potential stomach woes (I've got the Pepto-Bismol at the ready, folks).
- Rambling Thought: I really really hope the room service has good Masala Chai. I've fantasized about it for weeks. So many options to dream of…
Day 2: Temples and Tummy Troubles (Possibly)
- Morning (8:00 AM - if the jet lag lets me): Wake up, hopefully refreshed (and AC functional!). Breakfast – idli? Dosa? Paratha? The possibilities are making my stomach churn.
- Morning (9:00 AM Onward): Tour time! Hit up the main temples in Mathura. Prepare for intense experiences. I hear it's a vibrant, noisy, colorful, and deeply spiritual experience. Snap way too many photos. Get a little overwhelmed. Maybe shed a tear (of joy, of awe, or maybe just of the sheer sensory overload - who knows?).
- Anecdote/Imperfection: Okay, I'm slightly worried about the temple stuff. I'm not religious religious, but I am intensely respectful. Hoping I accidentally don't offend anyone by, like, wearing the wrong thing or doing something stupid. I'll probably have to ask for help, and hope someone understands my cluelessness…
- Mid-day (12:00 PM): Lunch! (Praying the morning's food choices agreed with me.) Find a local restaurant, something recommended by the hotel. Embrace the chaos.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM): More temple hopping! Maybe explore the local markets. Haggling! It's a skill I've never mastered but am determined to nail this trip. Get souvenirs. Probably buy something completely impractical but beautiful anyway.
- Evening (6:00 PM): Evenings are for relaxing. Maybe I'll go for a walk around the hotel, and maybe (if I'm feeling daring) I might find a restaurant to try.
- Emotional Reaction: This is what I'm looking forward to, really. Just letting the experience soak in… the sounds, the smells, the people. Hopefully, find a quiet spot to soak it all in. Or maybe a really loud spot. Who knows!
Day 3: The Yamuna River and My Inner Peace (Maybe)
- Morning (9:00 AM): Time for a serious spiritual experience. A trip to the Yamuna River. Watch the sunrise, and take a boat ride if everything goes as planned. Meditate (attempt to). Try to find inner peace (or at least a few moments of quiet contemplation) amongst all the hustle and bustle.
- Quirky Observation: I'm already imagining all the colors reflecting in the water. The vibrant saris, the flowers.
- Mid-Morning (11:00 AM): Wander along the ghats (the steps leading down to the river). Observe the rituals. Soak it all in. Take a hundred photos.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): Lunch. Try something completely new. Go for the unknown! I might end up in a food coma, but it's worth it.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): Visit another temple suggested by the hotel. I am going to try to get the hotel to help me arrange a tour of the temples.
- Evening (6:00 PM): Back to the hotel, maybe some tea. Journal. Reflect on the trip so far. Wonder how quickly I can get back to the hotel after the day is over.
- Messy Structure/Rambling: Okay, so I really want this to be a transformative experience. But I'm also realistic. I'm hoping for moments of profound clarity, but i'm also fully prepared to just be utterly confused and slightly hungry most of the the time. I'm trying to channel my inner zen, but I'm also bringing three books, and a whole tube of travel toothpaste.
Day 4: Departure and Existential Dread (Briefly)
- Morning (8:00 AM): Last breakfast in Mathura! Savor every bite. Maybe try one last exotic Indian dish.
- Morning (9:00 AM): One last stroll, one last opportunity to buy something I'll regret later. Final photos.
- Mid-day (12:00 PM): Check out from Hotel Tushar Residency (hopefully, they liked my company!). The journey to the airport.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): Flight home. Sit there and think about how I'll survive without the Chai.
- Stronger Emotional Reaction: Ugh. This is the worst part. Leaving. The end of the adventure. The return to reality. My soul will remain in Mathura, I suspect.
- Evening (8:00 PM): Sigh. Back home. Begin planning my next adventure!
Imperfections and Uncertainties:
- The "Getting Lost" Factor: Guaranteed to happen. Probably multiple times. I'm terrible with directions. This is part of the fun, right?
- The "Language Barrier" Challenge: I know, like, seven words of Hindi. Pray the locals are patient.
- The Stomach Situation: Pray I don't unleash a biological warfare level of digestive distress.
- The "Culture Shock" Dilemma: Brace for it. I'm sure it's going to be intense.
- The "Missing Socks" Mystery: Will I ever learn to pack properly? The world may never know.
Overall Vibe:
This trip is going to be a glorious mess. It might be wonderful. It might be a disaster. It will definitely be memorable. And if I come back even slightly less stressed than I am now, it will be a victory. Wish me luck! And pray for my stomach. And, most importantly, pray for good chai.
Antalya's Hidden Gem: Uncover the Luxurious Villa De Papel!
Seriously, "Unbelievable Deals"? What's the catch? My Spidey Senses are tingling...
Okay, let's be real. "Unbelievable Deals" usually screams "hidden fees," "tiny rooms," or "sketchy location." I get it. Trust me, I was skeptical too. I'm a jaded traveler, built on the ashes of bad hotel experiences.
But listen, Tushar Residency... *whispers*... it's actually pretty decent. Now, there are no guarantees of a jacuzzi, and if you want that you might be better off with a slightly more premium place. They might mention the deals are tied to specific dates or room types, so check that *very* carefully while booking, and don't get too excited when the room is unavailable. They *do* have promotions though, and often they actually *are* a good value. You can find some good deals, but always read the fine print. My "unbelievable deal" was a slightly smaller room than expected, but hey, for the price, I wasn't complaining.
The "catch"? Maybe it's just the honest, old-fashioned hospitality. They seem to *want* you to have a good time. Seriously, that's it.
Location, Location, Location! Is it actually NEAR anything interesting? Like, besides cow patties? (Sorry, Mathura, I love you, but...)
Alright, let's be honest. Mathura isn't exactly overflowing with sparkling nightlife, right? But Tushar Residency? It's surprisingly well-placed.
During my trip, it was near the main temple. Perfect. You can stumble out of the hotel feeling vaguely religious (or at least slightly less hungover) and be at the ghats in like, five minutes. Perfect if you are on a pilgrimage, but even if you’re just there for a break it's a good location. The auto-rickshaw stand is just down the road too, which is *critical* for navigating Mathura. And let me tell you, those auto-rickshaw drivers... they have stories. Another point in favor: the hotel's quiet. It's tucked away from the main, ear-splitting traffic, which is a godsend. Well, not a godsend, but a *major* relief.
So, near the action, but far enough away to breathe. Solid.
The Rooms: Cozy? Cramped? Haunted by the ghosts of bad air conditioning?
Okay, rooms. This is where things get... real. First of all, they have AC, which is already a HUGE win in Mathura. I will say there is a wide range of qualities in rooms.
So, the "cozy" descriptor could be accurate. It really depends on which room you get, and what your price point is. I got a smaller room. It wasn't *spacious*. But it was clean. And, importantly, the AC blasted like it meant business. The bed was... a bed. Nothing luxurious, but not a torture device either.
The bathrooms? Functional. Clean-ish. I survived. And, hey, no ghosts of bad air conditioning! A definite plus.
One small issue, and I'm being *super* nitpicky here: the water pressure in the shower wasn't exactly a deluge. But hey, I wasn't expecting a spa experience.
Food, Glorious Food! What about the hotel's restaurant? Or should I just stick to street food (which is, let's be honest, where the *real* deals are)?
The restaurant. This is where my memories get a bit... fuzzy. I remember eating breakfast there once. And it was... fine. I had dosas (I think?). Not the best dosa of my life, but edible. Safe. You know you're staying in a decent hotel when food poisoning isn't the greatest fear.
My advice? Explore the street food scene! Mathura is a *goldmine* for snacks. Just… be careful, of course. Wash your hands religiously (the hand sanitizer they provided was a lifesaver!). But the hotel food? It's there if you need it. Don't expect Michelin star quality, just expect to survive.
I would recommend the street food, if the AC isn't working in your room, that's even better. Seriously though, street food is a bargain, and you'll get a good feel for the local culture.
Service: Are the staff friendly? Or are they just trying to get rid of me as quickly as possible?
Oh, the staff. This is where Tushar Residency really shines. They are really friendly. They were very kind and helpful. They actually seemed to *care* if I was having a good time. Asking if I needed anything, always smiling, and doing what they could, even if it just meant pointing me in the right direction (a skill you'll need in Mathura!).
I remember one time, I was trying to figure out how to get to Vrindavan (which, by the way, is *stunning*). The guy at the front desk spent, like, ten minutes explaining the auto-rickshaw situation to me. He even drew a little map! It was seriously impressive. And he didn't look annoyed at all, even though I'm sure he'd told a thousand tourists the same thing.
They're not perfect (nobody is!), but their friendliness more than makes up for any shortcomings.
Okay, spill! The *real* deal. What was your MOST memorable experience at Hotel Tushar Residency? Go on, I want the juicy details!
Alright, alright, you twisted my arm. My *most* memorable experience? Okay, this is gonna sound weird, but here goes. I was there during Holi. And the hotel... wow.
Holi in Mathura is insane. It's glorious chaos. Powdered colors EVERYWHERE. People flinging water balloons. The hotel, bless their hearts, had set up a little "safe zone" on the rooftop for guests.
But it wasn't just the colors. It was the feeling. The staff, *the entire staff*, were there, playing Holi with us. They were covered in colors, laughing, dancing, genuinely *enjoying themselves* with the guests. It was like a big, messy, colorful family. No judgement, no pretense, just pure, unadulterated joy.
One of the staff members, a young guy, saw me struggling with the water balloons (I'm terrible at sports, okay?). He came over, took the balloon, and showed me how to throw it. He then proceeded to drench me in blue. We laughed, we shouted, we didn't know each other's names, but we were *connected*. It was a moment of unadulterated, silly, joyous connection. I'm getting choked up even thinking about it! That memory, it's not just about the hotel, it's about the experience. And THAT makes me consider it as an excellent hotel!
Seriously, that little interaction… that'sSmart Traveller Inns

