Palaisdaan: Bagabag's Hidden Paradise Hotel & Restaurant (Unbelievable!)

Palaisdaan Hotel and Restaurant Bagabag Philippines

Palaisdaan Hotel and Restaurant Bagabag Philippines

Palaisdaan: Bagabag's Hidden Paradise Hotel & Restaurant (Unbelievable!)

Palaisdaan: Bagabag’s "Hidden Paradise" - Believe the Hype… Mostly! (A Brutally Honest Review)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on Palaisdaan: Bagabag's Hidden Paradise Hotel & Restaurant. "Unbelievable!" they call it, and you know what? They're not entirely wrong. But, let's be real, perfection is a myth, especially when you're trekking all the way out to Bagabag, Nueva Vizcaya. So, here's the lowdown, warts and all, with a side of my own personal (and possibly dramatic) experience.

Accessibility: Okay, But Could Be Better.

Getting there… well, it's a trek, let's be honest. Bagabag ain't exactly on the main highway. But the hotel is reachable. Accessibility for those with mobility issues? Hmmm, it's advertised to have facilities for disabled guests, but I didn't see extensive ramps or anything super obvious. Someone with serious mobility issues might struggle. Elevator is a plus though.

On-site Accessible Restaurants / Lounges: I definitely poked my head in and it offered Breakfast [buffet], Buffet in restaurant, and all the dining, drinking, and snacking options you could imagine: A la carte in restaurant, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, a Bar, a Coffee shop, a Poolside bar, Restaurants, and ALL the usual suspects, like Desserts in restaurant and Soup in restaurant. But I didn't see glaringly obvious wheelchair-friendly layouts in the main dining area.

The Room: Comfort & Quirks

Okay, let's get to the heart of the matter: my room. I had a non-smoking room, thankfully! And it was… comfortable. The Air conditioning blasted away and kept outside the heat. The Air conditioning in all rooms was a godsend. My room offered a nice view of the Swimming pool [outdoor]. Now, the good stuff! There was Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (I’ll admit, that's a big win, especially with that whole “hidden paradise” vibe). Internet access – wireless was included! The Complimentary tea was a lovely touch. Breakfast in room service was something else. The Bathtub was nice. The Bed. Oh, the bed. It was a extra long bed! Comfy, yes. But the Soundproofing? Not quite up to scratch. I could swear I heard a rooster crowing at 4 AM. No, seriously.

The Amenities: Spa, Spa, Spa…and More!

  • Spa & Relaxation: Let's dive in. Body scrub? Tempting. Body wrap? Even more tempting. Sauna? Absolutely. Spa? Yes! The Steamroom? I'm so in. The Swimming pool beckoned, a gorgeous Pool with view. Massage? Oh, yes, please!
    • I will say, I went for a massage and it started like a dream. The therapist was incredibly skilled, it felt like all my stress was melting away. But… (there's always a but, isn't there?) halfway through, the music changed to some kind of elevator-esque instrumental, which completely destroyed the zen. Then a loud phone rang, which the therapist thankfully silenced, but it still shook me out of relaxation the entire time. My experience: A solid "C+".
    • Things to do: The gym Fitness center was pretty standard, but hey, at least it's there if you feel guilty after that Breakfast [buffet]! There was also a Foot bath. I didn't try it but it seemed nice.

Cleanliness and Safety: They Try Hard!

Okay, this is where Palaisdaan really shone. In these current times, safety is paramount, and Palaisdaan seems to take it seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products are used, they have Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere, and Staff trained in safety protocol. They provide Individually-wrapped food options. There's Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, which they actually enforce. They do a good job. And yes, there is a Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit.

Food and Drink: A Mixed Bag, Honestly

The Asian cuisine in restaurant was good, the Vegetarian restaurant was appreciated. Breakfast [buffet] was a generous spread. The Western breakfast was okay. The Bottle of water was a life-saver. Coffee/tea in restaurant was readily available. The Poolside bar, was fun and the Happy hour was great! Room service [24-hour] always a bonus. Safe dining setup. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. But the A la carte in restaurant menu… the chicken adobo was a little bland. Honestly, it was a little hit-or-miss.

Services and Conveniences: A Whole Lot on Offer

  • Services and conveniences, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events,
    • Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events.

For the Kids: A Family Affair

For the kids: The Babysitting service sounded solid, but I didn't use it. Family/child friendly, for sure. Kids meal and I saw some play areas.

Getting Around: Car Park [Free of Charge]!

Getting around: Airport transfer. Car park [free of charge]. Car park [on-site]. Car power charging station. Taxi service. Valet parking.

Final Verdict: Worth it?

Look, Palaisdaan isn't perfect. But it's got a lot going for it. The staff were friendly and helpful (Front desk [24-hour]!), the pool is great, and the spa is a solid experience. It's a solid option if you're looking for a break from the city, especially for those who want to relax. Just manage your expectations, bring earplugs (for the roosters), and prepare to be charmed by its quirky, slightly rough-around-the-edges appeal.

My Official Opinion: I give Palaisdaan a solid 4 out of 5 stars. Definitely check it out! Booking Offer:

Unbelievable Offer: Escape to Palaisdaan's Hidden Paradise!

Book your stay at Palaisdaan: Bagabag's Hidden Paradise Hotel & Restaurant within the next 7 days and receive:

  • A FREE 30-minute spa treatment (choice of massage or body scrub!)
  • 15% off all restaurant meals during your stay.
  • Complimentary late check-out (subject to availability).

Click here to book your escape NOW and experience Bagabag's best-kept secret!

Seoul's Hidden Gem: The Only Lounge in Konkuk University Area You NEED to See!

Book Now

Palaisdaan Hotel and Restaurant Bagabag Philippines

Palaisdaan Hotel and Restaurant Bagabag Philippines

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't just an itinerary. This is a survival guide… a love letter… a potential disaster (hopefully not!)… carved from the heart of a stay at the Palaisdaan Hotel and Restaurant in Bagabag, Philippines. Prepare yourself, because things might get weird. And they probably will.

Palaisdaan Pilgrimage: A Messy, Honest, and Probably Overly Dramatic Itinerary (Read at Your Own Risk!)

Day 1: Arrival & The Great Bagabag Buffet Debacle

  • 10:00 AM (ish): Manila to Bagabag. The bus ride. Oh, the bus ride. I envisioned myself as a free-spirited traveler, staring out at the rice paddies with a contemplative gaze. Instead, I spent most of it battling a rogue aircon vent that seemed determined to freeze my toes off. And dodging a spittle-covered conversation about the joys of karaoke (which, judging by the enthusiasm, seems to be a national treasure). Note to self: Invest in a good scarf, and earplugs.
  • 2:00 PM (maybe): Arrival at Palaisdaan! Wow. It actually exists. The website promised rustic charm; what I saw was… well, it's definitely "rustic." Let's just say the lobby's aesthetic is "Grandma's living room meets a slightly-too-eager attempt at a tropical theme." But hey, the staff are genuinely friendly. That counts for something, right?
  • 2:30 PM: Check-in. Successfully managed not to completely embarrass myself by misreading the room number (which I did. Twice). Got a room with a view of… the parking lot. Not ideal. But, hey, at least I know where my next meal's being delivered.
  • 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: The Bagabag Buffet BATTLE. This is the moment I’ve been dreading. The buffet. Oh, the buffet. Armed with a healthy dose of skepticism and a healthy appetite, I hit the restaurant. First impression: The food is…abundant. The variety is… extensive. The quality…? Well, let's just say it has character. The fried chicken, after a brief run, somehow was already cold in the hot food. I also found a dish that looked suspiciously like a chicken adobo, but the color was definitely not right.
    • 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: The Aftermath: Spent the next hour questioning all my life choices while slowly nursing a cup of coffee. Conclusion: I survived. The buffet didn't. Now, I'm trying to decide which of the available desserts is my worst enemy. Oh well, it’s all part of the adventure!
  • 6:30 PM: Stroll around the property. Found a really beautiful garden, which was a nice respite from the buffet chaos. Definitely a highlight. It's the quiet beauty that probably makes up for the somewhat questionable dinner.
  • 7:30PM: Crash. Bed is comfy. Exhaustion wins. Goodnight, Palaisdaan. Pray for me.

Day 2: Culture, Confusion, and the Curious Case of the Missing Toilet Seat

  • 7:00 AM: Awakening. Feeling surprisingly okay. Breakfast, round two. Maybe this time will be the charm? The breakfast buffet is a repeat performance, but I swear the fried chicken is slightly less cold, and I find some yummy mini pancakes. Hooray!
  • 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Exploring Bagabag. I attempt to visit some local landmarks. I stumble upon a vibrant market, where I purchase a bag of mangoes that are literally the best mangoes I've ever had. Like, life-changing mangoes. This justifies everything.
  • 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: A little bit of sightseeing. The church is beautiful, the people are kind. I'm starting to feel a little bit like an actual traveler (not just a slightly-lost tourist).
  • 12:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Lunch! (This time, I order à la carte. A wise decision, I think). The food is actually pretty good, and the staff is attentive. I'm starting to warm up to this place.
  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: The Great Toilet Seat Mystery. Okay, so I return to the room after lunch. And, the toilet seat is…gone. Vanished. Poof. I spend a solid hour inspecting every corner, questioning my sanity, and wondering if I accidentally wandered into a bizarre, slapstick comedy routine. Eventually, housekeeping finds a replacement, which is a relief. But still, the mystery remains: WHERE DID IT GO?
  • 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Pool time! The pool isn't the most glamorous (think: slightly cloudy, not entirely pristine), but it's refreshing. I spend some time talking to my reflection and the sun. It felt good.
  • 4:00 PM: Tea time. (I've decided to embrace the chaos). I'm sitting on the veranda, watching the sunset, and reflecting on the fact that, despite the minor setbacks, this trip is actually pretty great.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. I'm going to try that adobo dish. Wish me luck.
  • 9:00 PM: Bedtime! If the toilet seat stays intact, I might actually sleep like a baby.

Day 3: Departure & The Verdict

  • 7:00 AM: Breakfast. No buffet this time—just the pancakes. Victory is sweet.
  • 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Final stroll around the grounds. A final moment of appreciation for the garden.
  • 10:00 AM: Check out. Everything went smoothly.
  • 11:00 AM: Departure! Back to the bus. Back to reality.

The Verdict

Palaisdaan Hotel & Restaurant: It's not perfect. It's a little rough around the edges. But, it's got heart. And the staff genuinely cares. The garden is breathtaking. The mangoes are heavenly. And the toilet-seat mystery? Well, it added a little spice to the travel.

Would I recommend it? Yes, if you're looking for a quirky, authentic experience and don't mind a little (or a lot) of chaos. Just pack toilet paper. And maybe your own plate. And maybe a life vest, because you never know…

Gia Lam's BEST Master Bedroom Apartment: 2 Beds! (Unbelievable!)

Book Now

Palaisdaan Hotel and Restaurant Bagabag Philippines

Palaisdaan Hotel and Restaurant Bagabag Philippines

Palaisdaan: Bagabag's Hidden Paradise - Seriously Tho? Let's Spill the Tea (and Maybe Some Soup?)

Okay, First Things First: Is Palaisdaan Actually "Paradise?" 'Cause I've Seen Some...questionable "Paradise" Before.

Alright, let's address the elephant in the room (or, y'know, the carabao in the field). "Paradise"? Look, my expectations were, shall we say, tempered. I've been to places that called themselves "paradise" only to discover a swamp and a broken toilet. But Palaisdaan? It's...well, it's got a certain *je ne sais quoi* that elevates it. The views are genuinely stunning. Rolling hills, lush greenery, the air smells… different. Clean, not swampy. My initial reaction? "Wow. Okay, I see you, Bagabag. You're not playing around." But, listen. Paradise *needs* consistency. The restaurant is a whole separate rollercoaster. More on that later...

What's the Vibe? Is it Romantic, Family-Friendly, or More "Backpacker's Buzzkill?"

Mixed bag, honestly. The setting *screams* romance. Imagine a proposal happening there. It’s gorgeous. But then you’ve got the kids running around, and the karaoke booming from the next cottage (yes, it happened to *us*). Family-friendly? Yes, in theory. Are the kids going to enjoy it? Probably. Will it be a *relaxing* family trip? Mmm, depends on your tolerance for noise and potential sibling squabbles. Solo travelers? Could be amazing, if you like being alone with your thoughts and the occasional rooster. Backpacker's buzzkill? Nah, it’s not that kind of place. Unless you're easily irritated by slightly pricey food. But hey, you're paying for that view!

Let's Talk the Rooms. The Hotel Part. Are They Actually Liveable?

Okay, the rooms. Here's where things get a little... nuanced. Expect rustic charm. Now, "rustic charm" can be a euphemism for "slightly outdated." But the rooms were clean, surprisingly spacious, and the beds were comfy. I'd rate it a solid "good enough." The aircon worked, the hot water (eventually) came, and hey, no giant spiders! (Always a win). The views from the balconies? *Chef's kiss*. We had a room with the view of the hills, and OMG. We spent ages just sitting there, watching the sunrise. Seriously worth it. Just... maybe pack your own hairdryer. And maybe some extra soap. Just in case.

The Food Restaurant Experience: The Soup... The Soup..

Right. The restaurant. Here's where the emotional rollercoaster really takes off. Their *sinigang*... UGH. The one day, it was divine. Perfect sourness, plenty of meat, just the right amount of vegetables. I almost wept with joy. The next day? Bland, lukewarm, and the meat was tougher than my ex's heart. So, the food's a mixed bag. The *kare-kare* was consistently decent, the *adobo* was hit-or-miss. The service? "Island time" is an understatement. Be prepared to wait. And wait. And maybe wait some more. Grab a beer. That's a good strategy. But that soup... that soup. It's haunted my dreams. Seriously.

Are There Any Activities? Besides, you know, *existing*?

Okay, don't expect a theme park. It's all about chilling and being in nature. There's a pool, which is nice. Basic, but refreshing. There are walking trails, but they’re not super well-marked. We tried one, got a little lost (my sense of direction? Non-existent), and ended up back at the hotel muddy, but laughing. There are areas to explore nearby, waterfalls and stuff, but you'll need to organize a trip. So, the activities are… limited. But hey, the best activity is staring at the scenery. And maybe taking a nap. I took several. No regrets.

Okay, spill the tea. The Biggest Drawback? The "Ugh" Factor?

The inconsistent food service and the food, definitely. Look, when the soup is good, it's *glorious*. But when it's bad? It’s a reminder that perfection is unattainable, even in paradise. The slow service adds to the frustration. It's not a place for the hangry. You need a good dose of patience. And maybe a snack stash in your bag. The other drawback is the price. It's not *exorbitantly* expensive, but it’s not exactly budget-friendly either. Considering the food can be hit or miss, it can sting a little. But, and I keep coming back to this, the view... THE VIEW is the redeeming factor. Like, seriously. It's worth it, even with the dodgy soup.

Would You Go Back? And Why?

Honestly? Yes. Absolutely. Despite the food drama, despite the occasional wait, the sheer beauty of the place kept me utterly hooked. The staff were lovely, even when swamped. And that view... I miss it. I would go back, prepared with a snack stash and a whole lot of patience. I'd pray for prime *sinigang* and hope for a good karaoke-free night. Palaisdaan? It's a flawed gem. A beautiful mess. And sometimes, that's exactly what a vacation needs. A good reminder to go with the flow and embrace the chaos. Consider it booked!

The Karaoke Apocalypse: Seriously, How Bad Was It?

Okay, let's get into some trauma. The karaoke. It was… intense. And it wasn't just the volume, although the volume was definitely a contender for breaking sound barriers. It was the *timing*. You'd be lost in the beauty of the sunset and then… “*I will survive!*” at decibels capable of shattering eardrums. Some of the singers were… enthusiastic. Others were… less so. There was a particular rendition of "My Way" that still haunts my dreams. It went on… forever. I swear, I aged a decade during that song. But, amidst the chaos, there was a sort of… charm. A shared experience of suffering, if you will. It was loud, it was unapologetic, and it was utterly unforgettable. It makes for a good story, at least. But next time? I'm bringing earplugs. Possibly a hazmat suit for the musical fallout. And maybe, just maybe, I'll volunteer to sing a terrible song myself. Fight fire with fire, I say.
Luxury Stay Blog

Palaisdaan Hotel and Restaurant Bagabag Philippines

Palaisdaan Hotel and Restaurant Bagabag Philippines

Palaisdaan Hotel and Restaurant Bagabag Philippines

Palaisdaan Hotel and Restaurant Bagabag Philippines